belly pan - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: belly pan

bolts to??

What does the belly pan bolt to?? Surly not the 4 small studs that hold the headers heat shield.

Quote Originally Posted by olegoat345 View Post
    What does the belly pan bolt to?? Surly not the 4 small studs that hold the headers heat shield.
    Yep, here are some pic of the four 6x1.25 mm heat sheild bolts fixed on the exhaust headers that all belly pans I have seen attachment to!
    whole_bolt.JPG
    bolt_back_side.JPG
    both_bolts.jpg
    bolt.JPG

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Wow finally, even though my first post in this thread says no to the industrial diamond plate and I only want black it still took many post of debate to realize I will not get a MacG. I would bet it did stop others from posting their experiences about the other brands which is what I was wanting. It does remind me of the motorcycle tire post where no mater what is said the CT people fell compelled to inject the superior qualities of running a CT to the point you can't talk about motorcycle tires. Oh well they love the CTs and you love your MacG to the point if that if I don't agree with your choice then I'm doomed.
    I was aware of your desire and I am sure many others were as well. I was stating that " the BEST one on the market is the McG" if Tony brings one to market, the McG will be the second best. If you want 4th or 5th best please carry on. I/we were trying to save you some grief. Now you could stretch a piece of plastic across down there and hope for the best or better yet you may never need one and could have wasted your money and time. YMMV.
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I was aware of your desire and I am sure many others were as well. I was stating that " the BEST one on the market is the McG" if Tony brings one to market, the McG will be the second best. If you want 4th or 5th best please carry on. I/we were trying to save you some grief. Now you could stretch a piece of plastic across down there and hope for the best or better yet you may never need one and could have wasted your money and time. YMMV.
    Ditto-I was trying to express the same thing as I had one of the lighter guage black steel ones on my F6B at first but it hit on a curb hit or sumthin like it and got pretty beat up and the screws that held on the front section sheared off on one side.The McG pan has been bullitproof but as said its your mula.Carry on over and out.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    Yep, here are some pic of the four 6x1.25 mm heat shield bolts fixed on the exhaust headers that all belly pans I have seen attachment to!
    Attachment 25284
    And now I gotta replace 1....
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

I have the black Show Chrome belly pan and I've scraped it a few times and it usually happened while hitting a bump in mid curve.
    I just touch it up with some black paint.
    2015 F6B Deluxe. SOLD!!!!
    Atmosphere Blue Metallic " the fastest color"
    High and low beam LED headlights
    Show chrome rectangle LED fog lights.
    Garmin Zumo gps.
    RAM level cup holder.
    Big Bike Parts belly pan.
    Show Chrome 2 way speakers.
    Klock Werks 16" flare dark tint windshield.
    Ultimate King Seat.
    Honda rear backrest rack.
    Honda cowl mount voltage gauge.
    Honda 12 volt cubby outlet.
    Show Chrome rear LED brake/tail light black chrome fender trim with reflectors.

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    And now I gotta replace 1....
    Not fun

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Yes that is one I'm looking at, the Show Chrome black one. Thanks for your reply. Mike
    First off I just want to tell you get one!
    I hit something on a trip to Montana and it ripped my shifter
    almost off and made me jump into the air. If I had not had
    a bellypan I can,t even thnk what damage would have been done.

I had the black Showchrome one first & it was easy to install. Stripped a bolt & fixed it & it was a pain. it seemed to scrape a lot and it was beat out of shape after about 3 oil changes. Threw it away & got a McG. Can't even see it once installed. After having the black one & seeing how beat up it got I'll keep this heavier one on it.

I'm on the fence.
    It looks like it mounts using the 4 tiny bolts that hole the exhaust heat shields, correct?
    If that's the case, those tiny bolts look like they might give way after a few times lifting.
    Am I confused? Help me out here.