Looking to buy a new or used Canadian F6B ABS. 2015 or 2016, in matte silver

Thread: Looking to buy a new or used Canadian F6B ABS. 2015 or 2016, in matte silver

Looking to buy a new or used Canadian F6B ABS. 2015 or 2016, in matte silver

Hi, I am new to the forum, I have a 2003 ST1300ABS. Looking to upgrade to the F6b for longer 2-up riding in the Colorado 2-lane mountain roads. Like others I was shocked to see Honda not offer the bike w ABS, here in the states. Go figure.....anyway with all the sand on the roads left over from winter snow it is a really great feature, I hope to never need. Does anyone have a line on a good used, or new-old inventory, 2015 or 2016 F6B in matte silver? I have imported a vehicle before. Ready to bring one into Colorado. Thanks!

We have a forum member, "StraightWings" in Vancouver who may be able to help you find something, but perhaps also clue you in on the paperwork getting a bike across the border.
    Tell him that "Steve" referred you.

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

There's a new 2016 matte silver F6B in Edmonton, Alberta at Honda Extreme Powerhouse. They have it listed on sale for $21,999 Cdn so that's $16,748 US funds (before negotiating). It looks like they also have a pearl white one at same price. Both with ABS.

http://www.hondaextreme.ca/2016-hond...tm?id=22641103

Honda Extreme Powerhouse
    Phone: (780) 435-0742

I've imported a bike from US into Canada but not sure how it's done the other way. This link may help get you started with your research: http://www.bordercenter.org/chem/vehicles.htm

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoF6b View Post
    Hi, I am new to the forum, I have a 2003 ST1300ABS. Looking to upgrade to the F6b for longer 2-up riding in the Colorado 2-lane mountain roads. Like others I was shocked to see Honda not offer the bike w ABS, here in the states. Go figure.....anyway with all the sand on the roads left over from winter snow it is a really great feature, I hope to never need. Does anyone have a line on a good used, or new-old inventory, 2015 or 2016 F6B in matte silver? I have imported a vehicle before. Ready to bring one into Colorado. Thanks!
    Here's a private sale in White Rock, BC. A Black 2014, with accessories, close to the border. (I have no knowledge of it or the owner)

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/mcy/5944260275.html

The linked brakes on the F6B work great and many on this board see no reason to have ABS under most riding conditions...I have had bikes with both ABS and my current F6B with linked brakes and don't notice much, if any, difference when it comes to braking the bike...Your choice and ride safe....JMHO

ABS is a great tool if the rider doesn't practice braking to the point where they are comfortably "threshold braking."
    Which, unfortunately, includes 85.7% of the riding population.

Cheers,
    Steve

(yes I made that up, but you get the point)
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Importing F6B from Canada

There will be an additional cost to importing the bike from Canada. I've imported vehicles from the US to Canada a few times in the past. Normally NAFTA kicks in and there are no duties or import fees. However our F6B's aren't made in North America. They are made in Japan. This will mean you will have to pay an import duty for a Japanese vehicle, plus a brokerage fee at the border. You'll then have to pay Colorado state tax and whatever the tags cost. You will also have to have a vehicle saftey/emissions report to ensure that it conforms to Colorado's vehicle code. It's not difficult but there are some steps you must take and they must be done in order. There are websites to assist you. Good luck.

https://www.cbp.gov/trade/basic-impo.../importing-car

I'll let mine go for $35,000 Cdn, plus shipping!
    2016 F6B Matte Grey
    2016 XDiavel (Sadly...gone)
    2014 M109r (FHD Classic) (Sadly...gone)
    2014 VRSCF (Gone)
    2006 VTX 1300C (Gone)

"I find as I get older that I have less and less to say about more and more. I thought I was mellowing as I got older, turns out I just don’t give a sh1t.”

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    The linked brakes on the F6B work great and many on this board see no reason to have ABS under most riding conditions...I have had bikes with both ABS and my current F6B with linked brakes and don't notice much, if any, difference when it comes to braking the bike...Your choice and ride safe....JMHO
    Linked brakes and ABS have nothing to do with one another. All cars had linked brakes before ABS became standard on almost every vehicle made today. They still have linked brakes. And of course you won't notice, or need ABS under most riding conditions... It's designed to be noticed only when you need it - which is in a moment of "panic" when survival instinct overrides practice. This occurs when something like a deer jumps in front of you, or a mattress flies off a truck in the other lane - something you never saw coming. You inadvertently grab a mitt full of brake, lock up the front brake and wash out the front end. Or stomp on the rear brake pedal, and the rear wheel is suddenly leading the way down the road. You can (and should) practice threshold braking regularly, but it's when you don't expect something that instinct kicks in and you may over react. That is when ABS will save your butt. The linked brakes will help, but they won't stop you from doing the wrong thing. Personally, I think they are a great idea on a bike like the F6B.