Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
The linked brakes on the F6B work great and many on this board see no reason to have ABS under most riding conditions...I have had bikes with both ABS and my current F6B with linked brakes and don't notice much, if any, difference when it comes to braking the bike...Your choice and ride safe....JMHO
Linked brakes and ABS have nothing to do with one another. All cars had linked brakes before ABS became standard on almost every vehicle made today. They still have linked brakes. And of course you won't notice, or need ABS under most riding conditions... It's designed to be noticed only when you need it - which is in a moment of "panic" when survival instinct overrides practice. This occurs when something like a deer jumps in front of you, or a mattress flies off a truck in the other lane - something you never saw coming. You inadvertently grab a mitt full of brake, lock up the front brake and wash out the front end. Or stomp on the rear brake pedal, and the rear wheel is suddenly leading the way down the road. You can (and should) practice threshold braking regularly, but it's when you don't expect something that instinct kicks in and you may over react. That is when ABS will save your butt. The linked brakes will help, but they won't stop you from doing the wrong thing. Personally, I think they are a great idea on a bike like the F6B.