belly pan

Thread: belly pan

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    On my 13 I put the black Show Chrome with the round vent holes. Yes it scraped, followed shortly by heat shields and the front crash bars. On my 14 I went with the louvered stainless and painted it black. Why did I go with a different pan you my ask. The one on my 13 was aluminum and used very small hex head screws to hold the front part in place. The small steel hex head screw was easly stripped. Steel and aluminum don't play well with each other. The stainless pan uses 1/4 turn aircraft fasteners. As for scraping. When I get to the edge of the belly pan I am also getting to the heat shields. If your going to go with out a pan I would put something more than the aluminum duc tape that Honda put on the overflow tank. Lastly when I installed both pans there was not more than a 1/16" from the engine block.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer View Post
    On my 13 I put the black Show Chrome with the round vent holes. Yes it scraped, followed shortly by heat shields and the front crash bars. On my 14 I went with the louvered stainless and painted it black. Why did I go with a different pan you my ask. The one on my 13 was aluminum and used very small hex head screws to hold the front part in place. The small steel hex head screw was easly stripped. Steel and aluminum don't play well with each other. The stainless pan uses 1/4 turn aircraft fasteners. As for scraping. When I get to the edge of the belly pan I am also getting to the heat shields. If your going to go with out a pan I would put something more than the aluminum duc tape that Honda put on the overflow tank. Lastly when I installed both pans there was not more than a 1/16" from the engine block.
    That is some good info right there. So now I'm off the Show Chrome/ Big Bike pan. I see a steel pan in black by the same company, "Performance" as the vented SS and the write up is the same for both. SS is 89.99 and the black steel is 79.99. Now favoring the black steel. Anyone had bad results from Performance products?

I have the MacGyver on mine. Some pretty spirited rides during last year's Rally left it like this.20160923_093701.jpg

I chose the MacGyver because it is thicker material than those made by Show Chrome or Big Bike. One comparison sidea by side and the others just seem flimsy.
    Mine mounted, is snug up to the bottom of the engine. I've used it in lifting the bike once,just to see. The weight of the bike ,in my case was on the engine mainly. The belly pan just gave a broader more even surface to lift on. The pan could always be painted. JMTCW
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"