Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
Well I hear some good arguments as to why you might want one. Hard to think about one when I don't seem to have a problem. I worry that essentially lowering the bottom of my bike might increase the possibility of scrapping/dragging. I do know I would want black. I do know that I don't want it to scrap in a turn, the pegs already do that early enough. I do know I want to be able to change oil with ease. I do know I do not like that industrial looking diamond plate skid plate. So many to choose from, I like small and tight fitting. Which one does not make contact when leaning and is mounted close to the bottom of the block?
Attachment 25246
This not what you want to hear but I like the MacGyver. For me it mounts as close as the other ones and it is Tuff and easy to change oil/filter. Don't know if it comes in black, but guess you could paint it. I bought mine in order to lift the motorcycle for maintenance, etc.
As far as scraping in a turn, I have not clue. Wife does not like me doing wild stuff at our age (and yes that applies to your on imagination also).