Riding Boots - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Riding Boots

Quote Originally Posted by Az Wingrider View Post
    I wear "Bates Durashocks". I have been wearing them for years. They wear forever, they have a side zipper, they give great ankle support and you can put a decent shine on them. Working Persons Store has them for about $100.00
    Ive been wearing the 8" Durashocks for years as well.

Don't need pretty

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    I don't know but they seem too pretty to wear ridin?
    Old pair of square nose 12 inch tall boots that have been resoled a couple of times and glued up a couple of time and I have had them since Columbus landed at Plymouth Rock. They work well and if boots could talk they would have more stories than you could shake a stick at. I bought them from a store at least 22 years ago. That's just a couple of days back for sure. Being 67 this year I think I got my moneys worth and they are still going. I owe their longevity to a boot saver that I used in the service and it kept the leather top notch all those years.

Chippewa riding boots

BOOTS????? BOOTS?? Your supposed to wear BOOTS???

No one ever told me!

Nice boots

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    Tourmaster Riding Boots. Very comfortable and good protection.

I will never understand laces on a Boot for riding a motorcycle. I have seen shoe laces get caught and folks not able to get their foot to the ground at a stop.

http://www.tourmaster.com/inc/sdetai...wp_air/101/436

DMAGOLDRDR - Those Tourmasters are nice. Did you find them true to size? Thanks for posting them.

Live in Georgetown South Carolina, But work in Columbia South Carolina
    Danner - Fort Lewis

I have been wearing these boots for 12 years. I love them. A tough boot made for the military. It can go through hell and back and still be functional. Thick lugged sole. Soft inside.
    Can get them with insulation if you want. I have found them to be waterproof. I have been soaked many times but never my feet. A great boot. An American company with a Great reputation. They are also very comfortable once broken in.
    Attachment 25299

Yeah I wish I could wear riding boots, but I have yet to find any wide enough to fit comfortably. My best fitting shoes are Skechers in a 4E width. It looks like Bates makes that size but if you click on that width on their home page it show you what is available in that width, and none of them are riding boots.
    I like the styles that have no laces, a zipper up the side covered with a velcro flap, waterproof, oil resistant/non-slip soles. It seems finding a boot with those specs in a width I need is next to impossible! I recently order a pair of boots from Competition Accessories that were supposedly wide, I couldn't even get my foot into them! Luckily I got a full refund. I agree with another poster that said he can't mail order boots. We need to be able to try them on first. There is not a lot of choice in my area. So yeah, I wear my Skechers when I ride, or my low rise hikers. Both have laces.

I wear Alpinestars Roam Air 2, Breathable, water and oil resistant,3 Velcro buckles, CE armor, 12" high. Very comfortable to walk around in, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_C View Post
    DMAGOLDRDR - Those Tourmasters are nice. Did you find them true to size? Thanks for posting them.
    Yes they were right size on for me. I wear Magnum boots for work and I had Cruiserworks in the past for riding Boots and all three are the same size.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Dainese Fulcrum Goretex. Very comfortable right from the start. https://www.cyclegear.com/gear/daine...gore-tex-boots