Test drove an Indian Chieftain - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Test drove an Indian Chieftain

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    Two inches at the top......BUT you can have Madstad cut what ever you want.
    I have an 11" dark and a 15" clear. I also have a VStream from a Wing and used it for a run to Daytona last year. It is now in a box somewhere in my garage. Nothing but Madstad now !
    Thanks!

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Sorry some of you guys are having windshield issues..I have the larger Baggershield on my bike since new with none of the issues that I read about on the site here...I am about 5'9" and look thru the shield, which is fine with me..No buffeting, pressures, etc. that I am aware of, and very little wind noise at 80mph on the road..The only thing I have noticed is a little "drone" from the Cobra pipes if I lower my head way down below the windshield....It is more noticeable with the Shoei 3/4 helmet/shield, but hardly at all with the 3/4 open face HJC..Bottom line is I see no need to change anything or spend any money at this point....Ride safe

The perfect windshield

To me, anyway. I discovered that when you stick a big piece of plastic in front of your eyes, you change the personality of the F6B completely. I like they mini-madstad. I have both and this is 80% as effective and 100% cooler.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Sorry some of you guys are having windshield issues..I have the larger Baggershield on my bike since new with none of the issues that I read about on the site here...I am about 5'9" and look thru the shield, which is fine with me..No buffeting, pressures, etc. that I am aware of, and very little wind noise at 80mph on the road..The only thing I have noticed is a little "drone" from the Cobra pipes if I lower my head way down below the windshield....It is more noticeable with the Shoei 3/4 helmet/shield, but hardly at all with the 3/4 open face HJC..Bottom line is I see no need to change anything or spend any money at this point....Ride safe
    Never again shall I look through a windscreen!
    Drizzly day, freeway, semi truck veered off into the right hand muck and threw up a bunch of mud/silt on to the windscreen.
    I was suddenly completely blind at 70 mph.
    Had to stand up on the pegs as I was slowing, trying not to become a "hood ornament" on the vehicle behind me that had no clue what was going on, why I was standing up, or why I was slowing.

My experience....
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Never again shall I look through a windscreen!
    Drizzly day, freeway, semi truck veered off into the right hand muck and threw up a bunch of mud/silt on to the windscreen.
    I was suddenly completely blind at 70 mph.
    Had to stand up on the pegs as I was slowing, trying not to become a "hood ornament" on the vehicle behind me that had no clue what was going on, why I was standing up, or why I was slowing.

My experience....
    Cheers,
    Steve
    Sorry for your mis-adventure and I am glad nothing serious happened...I have tried both looking over the shield and looking through and prefer the latter...I had an adjustable shield on my Victory Vision and always preferred it set at the height I could look through...Just my preference and it is much less buffeting and wind noise for me...Regards

Got lucky my used f6b came with vented honda screen not sure how tall but works great I see just over top, and when heavy rain I duck slightly get rain off face and look through