Gold Wing Recall... FYI - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gold Wing Recall... FYI

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Headlight Modulators
    Yea great items I agree, but how do you protect yourself from the bubble headed bleach blond soccer mom putting on eyeliner and texting while making a left turn in front of you at the same time? An air bag just might be a life saver IMHO.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Ritsema View Post
    I used to thing an airbag on a motorcycle was ridiculous. After I watched the video I changed my mind. Without the bad the rider goes right into the car, with the bag up and over. If those were my two choices I would prefer to go over rather than thru!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdEPp38xMGE
    Looks to me like both scenarios cause the rider to go head first into the van!

I truly hope none of us ever crash or get hit by a car believe me...but if these air-bags on motorcycles were all that life saving, why are they not required on heavy road bikes and why is Honda the only one that has them on 1 model????...Just curious

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I truly hope none of us ever crash or get hit by a car believe me...but if these air-bags on motorcycles were all that life saving, why are they not required on heavy road bikes and why is Honda the only one that has them on 1 model????...Just curious
    And why is ABS not standard in the U.S. but required in Canada... and why are self-cancelling turn signals an option and not standard equipment? I've had them on certain bikes since the 80's.

It seems that Safety, like comfort, is optional in the U.S.

Go figure.

Takata?

Does the Wing use Takata inflators? It seems like about half the cars and trucks on the road are being recalled for those.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    Yea great items I agree, but how do you protect yourself from the bubble headed bleach blond soccer mom putting on eyeliner and texting while making a left turn in front of you at the same time? An air bag just might be a life saver IMHO.
    Headlight Modulators are not the ultimate answer to dizzy bubble headed beach blondes, but they are one of a few tools that may help defeat the possibility of a driver executing a left turn immediately in front of you.

Practically every excuse rendered by a car driver after such a scenario is "I didn't see him coming"

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    It's just an option. Motorcycles are not mandated by law to have the same safety equipment as automobiles/vehicles. And... you don't want to go there...

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537