Dark Side Forum Critic Registry/Directory - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Dark Side Forum Critic Registry/Directory

You must be saving all the cookies i keep deleting.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    Biglry - you are perhaps the greatest source of reliable information this forum has - always a pleasure to read your posts.
    Be Careful What YOU Wish For

A Choice

Quote Originally Posted by tiltingf6b View Post
    There seems to be an immediate disconnect from thread content and bob109's "intent". I do not offer up sarcasm to you or anyone as individuals (as you have done), rather, I look to separate my immediate emotions from a debate (discussion) so I might find the science or suitable evidence, which supports or invalidates a direction I may or may not want to choose - subjective thinking and tunnel vision are dangerous things. Maybe I might want to go to the dark side, but, only if there was adequate science and empirical data to support the practice.

If one is truly passionate about the sport of motorcycling it is a necessary manifesto to explore all avenues of information and embrace new knowledge in order to advance their skills or improve their RIDE. If you need stars and other labels to help you identify sources of information, by all means please categorize things in a way suitable to your cognition's most suitable way of learning.

Having just returned from a beautiful motorcycle ride on the backroads of Alabama Bayou's I am grateful to embrace any knowledge you or anyone else might wish to share that has a substantive nature to it. While I enjoy shifting my motorcycle My favorite thing(s) to shift are paradigms.
    I'm immensely enjoying this "dialog" between you and I! I try to learn something new everyday! I'll share with you a tad of info you may find enlightening and useful and then again, you may not! This is to put "Empirical Findings and "Anecdotal Info" into perspective. Located in Raleigh N.C., Duke University and UNC are located in the epicenter of the Research Triangle Area. Home to many of the largest U.S. Major Drug/Pharmaceutical Companies there also resides a oft missed company called "Quintiles". Once small, this entity has developed into a "World Class" Provider for "Clinical Trials" of patent pending drugs which need FDA Approval before they can be marketed. Those "Clinical Trials" and eventual recommendations to the FDA are the product of hundreds, if not thousand of patients being treated for the likes of Cancer, with "experimental drugs". It is the information from each individual patient (anecdotal and empirical) which is collected and digested by numerous "Statistical Experts" which captures the "effectiveness" and "side effects" of each drug submitted for scrutiny! Without "anecdotal/empirical" evidence/reporting, "Scienticic Findings" would be impossible. I, as a Dark Sider, want the "feedback" from like minded folks! Knowing there are hundreds, if not thousand of Dark Siders with info, "I deem important, some DS folks are reluctant to ever enter into a DS Conversation/Forum. That, IMHO, is a "short coming" on all out parts!

Ride Safe

Ride Often

bob109

Here's the thing - great people talk about ideas, they debate theories and accept criticism as part of the science of growth through education - little people on the other hand, well, they talk about people.
    Quote Originally Posted by JMartin View Post
    ^^ That ^^
    "Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."
    Eleanor Roosevelt
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    "Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."
    Eleanor Roosevelt
    "People are people so why should it be
    You and I should get along so awfully"

Depeche Mode
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

"Been around the Horn, sailed the seven seas, seen everything, done everything, that's how I know people are rotten. I've seen 'em all".

McCoy (from Rooster Cogburn).

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

"I've been to a county fair, a street carnival, a hog ropin, and a hangin so there ain't much I haven't seen."

My dad, Roscoe E Harris
    Do your Best and Miss the Rest!

great post

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    I'm immensely enjoying this "dialog" between you and I! I try to learn something new everyday! I'll share with you a tad of info you may find enlightening and useful and then again, you may not! This is to put "Empirical Findings and "Anecdotal Info" into perspective. Located in Raleigh N.C., Duke University and UNC are located in the epicenter of the Research Triangle Area. Home to many of the largest U.S. Major Drug/Pharmaceutical Companies there also resides a oft missed company called "Quintiles". Once small, this entity has developed into a "World Class" Provider for "Clinical Trials" of patent pending drugs which need FDA Approval before they can be marketed. Those "Clinical Trials" and eventual recommendations to the FDA are the product of hundreds, if not thousand of patients being treated for the likes of Cancer, with "experimental drugs". It is the information from each individual patient (anecdotal and empirical) which is collected and digested by numerous "Statistical Experts" which captures the "effectiveness" and "side effects" of each drug submitted for scrutiny! Without "anecdotal/empirical" evidence/reporting, "Scienticic Findings" would be impossible. I, as a Dark Sider, want the "feedback" from like minded folks! Knowing there are hundreds, if not thousand of Dark Siders with info, "I deem important, some DS folks are reluctant to ever enter into a DS Conversation/Forum. That, IMHO, is a "short coming" on all out parts!

Ride Safe

Ride Often

bob109
    So - it is time for dark siders to come forward and put together a real collaborative effort to gather data - this would necessarily be nationwide or even a global effort that should cross all barriers and be inclusive. The more data and anecdotal info you can gather from the more sources, the more likely the dark siders will find the true advocates. As I said, if your passionate about your motorcycle and your choice of tires, find the resources to truly investigate the consequences (good and bad) of CT's on Motorcycles. First and foremost if motorcyclists are going dark, I for one don't believe it's just economy - I believe the reason is much more complex and the free market is missing an opportunity. So one of you Darksiders' with some time and brains get the wheel rolling. Gather a true body of evidence and get some backing, financial and technical - make our sport safer.

So - it is time for dark siders to come forward and put together a real collaborative effort to gather data - this would necessarily be nationwide or even a global effort that should cross all barriers and be inclusive. The more data and anecdotal info you can gather from the more sources, the more likely the dark siders will find the true advocates. As I said, if your passionate about your motorcycle and your choice of tires, find the resources to truly investigate the consequences (good and bad) of CT's on Motorcycles. First and foremost if motorcyclists are going dark, I for one don't believe it's just economy - I believe the reason is much more complex and the free market is missing an opportunity. So one of you Darksiders' with some time and brains get the wheel rolling. Gather a true body of evidence and get some backing, financial and technical - make our sport safer.
    There is already a collaborative effort/database in existence! It's not on this Forum! Delphi, has "Riding The Dark Side Forum" with a Car Tire Database which will provide you with some real enlightenment! The Database includes Make and Year of Bike, Brand Tire, Tire Size, Sweet Spot Air Pressure, Air Pressure Required to Seat Tire Bead etc. etc. You have to be a Member of that Forum to review the Database. In addition there is user data on the actual mileage achieved by each individual. I would "strongly suggest" you review that site and get a "Real Grasp" for the efforts of Dark Siders to have a specific center for "Relevant DS Data". There is a "assumption" by critics that Dark Siders aren't "well read" before we take the step to the DS. That "assumption" is far from the truth!

link

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    There is already a collaborative effort/database in existence! It's not on this Forum! Delphi, has "Riding The Dark Side Forum" with a Car Tire Database which will provide you with some real enlightenment! The Database includes Make and Year of Bike, Brand Tire, Tire Size, Sweet Spot Air Pressure, Air Pressure Required to Seat Tire Bead etc. etc. You have to be a Member of that Forum to review the Database. In addition there is user data on the actual mileage achieved by each individual. I would "strongly suggest" you review that site and get a "Real Grasp" for the efforts of Dark Siders to have a specific center for "Relevant DS Data". There is a "assumption" by critics that Dark Siders aren't "well read" before we take the step to the DS. That "assumption" is far from the truth!
    http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/mai...gid=2070982891

link please ?
    Here's one of the databases http://darkside.nwff.info/?p=tires

But why do you care? You're anti-darkside.

Attention all Darksiders!

Attention all Darksiders!

We should not be participating in this particular thread, This is for the Anti-Darksiders ONLY. Let the haters hate. This is the last post from me in this thread.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537