Made for an interesting freeway pull over..

Thread: Made for an interesting freeway pull over..

Exclamation Made for an interesting freeway pull over..

Christmas night, took the girl (the one I married... wait... the one with legs ) out for a spin. Was heading down the freeway and casually moved my right hand to increase the cruise speed, in traffic, and the lights went out..

What the F***!

Pulled over and discovered if I lightly tapped the start button it would switch the load shedding relay for the lights on... niiiiice..
    Must've tapped it with my thumb as I moved hand to do the cruise up button.

Bike off, flicked the switch a few times and hit it with the contact cleaner/lube when I got home, problem sorted.

Just for those who might have it happen, made me pay attention quickly.

Thanks---that is good to know.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Had a similar issue crop up on my VTX 1300 a couple years back in Idaho at the end of a two-week road trip. Riding at dusk and headlight was going off and on intermittently. It was driving me nuts because I couldn't figure out what was going on after checking the connections on the headlight; which were all good. Long story short I ended up riding with just the spots on for two days until I got home. Some advice from a better wrench than me pointed me to the starter switch. Took it apart, cleaned it up and problem solved. The things we learn from wise wrenches are invaluable . . .