why did Victory Motorcycles fail?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: why did Victory Motorcycles fail?

why did Victory Motorcycles fail?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/motor...cid=spartandhp

a pretty good article and summation.
    I also own an Indian Scout and was a pen stroke away from owning a big Victory before I met my Valkyrie. Still the Victory bikes were really moving in a sweet direction.
    Be Careful What YOU Wish For

It failed due to a Corporate decision to make it fail.

My 2011 Victory Vision was the most comfortable bike I had EVER owned. Too bad the dealer service/repair and useless warranty did not materialize. Otherwise I most likely would still have it.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I am sure Polaris pissed off a lot of customers, for life.

My dream bike would be a Vision / F6B hybrid. Comfort of the Vision, engine, storage and reliability of the F6B and toss in some upgraded electronics and suspension (ala Traxxion).

I am looking forward to reading the article, thanks for sharing.

I was this close (*holding thumb and finger .5mm apart) to being a Vic CC Tour owner. I thought the company was on solid ground, with 20 years under their belt.

I would still have 3.5 years left on my Vic's factory extended warranty...
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

They were going after the H-D market, and that's a tough nut to crack, H-D already had their market locked in. If Polaris started with Indian instead of a new nameplate, it would be a different story.On the other hand, had Victory started with something other than the V-Twin, that may have changed the story a bit.

Interesting read. Looks like Polaris failed Victory more than Victory failed Polaris.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    It failed due to a Corporate decision to make it fail.

My 2011 Victory Vision was the most comfortable bike I had EVER owned. Too bad the dealer service/repair and useless warranty did not materialize. Otherwise I most likely would still have it.
    +1..I loved my 2011 Victory Vision, and as said above was the most comfortable touring/rode bike I ever owned..Smooth powerful, terrific wind control, and solid as a rock on the highway.....I personally had no service issues as it was never back to the dealer after I bought it...I kind of bought the F6B on a "fluke" and really glad now I did as the Vision became too heavy for me and I love the Honda.....I hope Polaris does not "screw-over" Indian owners as they apparently did to Victory riders......Perhaps our F6B's will become obsolete soon as rumor has it that Honda will drop the 6 in 2018.....Ride safe

Because Polaris likes to pull the rug out from under everything they make that don't do exceedingly well. If Indian don't take off they will kill it as well and this is the primary reason to not purchase anything they make. Those Victory bikes are going to plummet in value and dealers are going to be pissed setting on old inventory that they will have to give away.
    Honda may drop the "B" but you will be able to get parts for a long time to come. Talk to any owner of a Polaris ATV or JetSki and see what they think. (now Victory)
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Perhaps our F6B's will become obsolete soon as rumor has it that Honda will drop the 6 in 2018.....Ride safe
    Rumors or not, even if the F6B does go away, Honda will still have a Gold Wing and we all know or can be pretty sure Honda ain't going anywhere.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    They were going after the H-D market, and that's a tough nut to crack, H-D already had their market locked in. If Polaris started with Indian instead of a new nameplate, it would be a different story.On the other hand, had Victory started with something other than the V-Twin, that may have changed the story a bit.
    ^^
    I think I would agree that it's this simple. Re-inventing the "V" by the Japanese in the 70's with Yamaha's Virago only created more interest for the Harley brand that was ALREADY on life support then! That was HD's new lease on life.

Same thing here....history repeats itself.....I think it could be said that HD owes a debt of gratitude to Victory for moving customers to HD over the last 20 years. Life Support ver.2.0