Can someone please explain... - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Can someone please explain...

I use a USB memory thumb drive and it remembers where I left off and random plays from beginning to the end. I may have had to set it to random when I first got the bike. Do you have a manual? If not I can look up how to program the random play and let you know.
    Steve

The USB memory is the way to go better quality than the headphone 3.5 mm jack and always ready with no battery to keep charged. I plugged it in the first day I got the bike and never thought about it again.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by STRaider View Post
    Oh, it makes sense if I buy something extra to improve on the shotty design?

I wasn't aware of those. I'll take a look at them. Thanks for that info.
    shitty + shoddy= shotty I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    I use a USB memory thumb drive and it remembers where I left off and random plays from beginning to the end. I may have had to set it to random when I first got the bike. Do you have a manual? If not I can look up how to program the random play and let you know.
    Steve
    Do you mean set the bike controls or the USB drive for random play? I have a bike manual. I will look in there tomorrow. If you mean the thumb drive, if you know how to do that, that would be helpful info.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
    Steve
    OK, got the bike switched to "All files Random". I just hadn't thought about that function being on the bike as I've never had a connection like this on a bike before, but makes total sense...NOW.

For those that may not know, get into the Ipod/USB mode by hitting the Aux button until you get to your desired device. To change play options, hit "A.Sel RPT/RND button until your desired option is selected. A.RND plays all files in random order. Again, thanks for the pointing out the setting idea.

...For those that may not know, get into the Ipod/USB mode by hitting the Aux button until you get to your desired device. To change play options, hit "A.Sel RPT/RND button until your desired option is selected. A.RND plays all files in random order. Again, thanks for the pointing out the setting idea.
    Yup. Just set mine up last night with an old thumb drive full of 80's music and light jazz.

OK, got the bike switched to "All files Random". I just hadn't thought about that function being on the bike as I've never had a connection like this on a bike before, but makes total sense...NOW.

For those that may not know, get into the Ipod/USB mode by hitting the Aux button until you get to your desired device. To change play options, hit "A.Sel RPT/RND button until your desired option is selected. A.RND plays all files in random order. Again, thanks for the pointing out the setting idea.
    +1

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

I just procured an iPod "Classic" from China that had been retrofitted with a 256GB Solid State Drive.
    No moving parts.
    28,000 songs and she's only half full.

Love technology.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    Yep, I use and do the same thing, I have about 3,200 music files on mine and it is only about 1/2 full. Last May I rode all the way from the coast of Calif. to Corsicana TX. and back and never heard the same song twice.
    I use the same device as well. Though I did get tired of it just dangling in the bag. I simply cut out the back of the stock port holder as shown...