Elite 4s + Ride-On = Many Smiles

Thread: Elite 4s + Ride-On = Many Smiles

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Just used the Ride On Sealant with a new CT install and have no balancing issues myself. No punctures so far either. HaHa

Bad experiences with Ride On magic goo myself. First a friend had a flat large enough that the RO would not seal it. But it did make the hole so slippery that a plug kit he also had with him would not stay in the hole making the plug kit useless. Next I had a front tire starting to bounce just a bit and put in some RE, it got worse. To top it off after removing the wheel and taking it to a shop they charged me extra to deal with the goo and get it all washed out so they could remount the tire. After a regular balance the bounce was gone. The goo is expensive does not always work makes a mess and lead weights work really good and are cheap. And besides in 15 years and 250K miles I've only had two punctures so what am I protecting against. Most recently a valve stem failed and I feel sure RE would have done nothing to help but most likely would have made a mess. Not for me with the magic goo!

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Bad experiences with Ride On magic goo myself. First a friend had a flat large enough that the RO would not seal it. But it did make the hole so slippery that a plug kit he also had with him would not stay in the hole making the plug kit useless. Next I had a front tire starting to bounce just a bit and put in some RE, it got worse. To top it off after removing the wheel and taking it to a shop they charged me extra to deal with the goo and get it all washed out so they could remount the tire. After a regular balance the bounce was gone. The goo is expensive does not always work makes a mess and lead weights work really good and are cheap. And besides in 15 years and 250K miles I've only had two punctures so what am I protecting against. Most recently a valve stem failed and I feel sure RE would have done nothing to help but most likely would have made a mess. Not for me with the magic goo!
    Same as with the Slime I'd imagine? I'd never run that goo in a M/C tire but am contemplating it's use in bicycle tires.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I just bought an Elite 4 rear, not fitted yet, still running an elite 3 on the front.

Cool

I would not ride very far WITH OUT ride on..., Great product and I have USED it !!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Smile Elite 4 Not impressed

I changed out the original Stones and went with the Elite 4's. First 1000 miles they were fine, second 1000 miles a little front wobble, now with 6000 miles on them, I have quite a wobble at 45mph. A friend is having the same issue with his at about the same mileage. Not sure they bite as well in the rain either.

Guess I'll ride these out but if they don't ride more miles than the a Stones, I'll switch back or try something different. Not impressed.

Just mounted an new Elite 4 on the front and a Michelin CT on the back today for a fellow F6B member. I really like the design of the new E4, and if it performs as good as it looks, it should be a real winner. The Michelin?....LOL...all I'll say is: It's a beast! He rode about 200 miles home and then called me to tell me: "I REALLY like this setup." Time will tell, of course. Hopefully, he doesn't experience the wobble of the post above. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom F6B View Post
    I changed out the original Stones and went with the Elite 4's. First 1000 miles they were fine, second 1000 miles a little front wobble, now with 6000 miles on them, I have quite a wobble at 45mph. A friend is having the same issue with his at about the same mileage. Not sure they bite as well in the rain either.

Guess I'll ride these out but if they don't ride more miles than the a Stones, I'll switch back or try something different. Not impressed.
    Not heard of any reports of any front end wobble with the Elite 4's...I love the ones on my bike and no issues...Maybe loose head bearings or something else??