Where too in the NE?? - Page 3
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Where too in the NE??

Snow Bird Return

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
    Hey Bob, when or should I say are you coming back up this way? I'll keep the hotel and bakery open for you !!
    Bob!

I anticipate leaving Florida the last week of April! History has taught me returning mid April gets me a greeting of cold temps, rain and on occasion flurries. I'll give "Mother Nature" time to "wash" all the roads of anti-skid and salt. PENDOT may even have time to fix some "potholes" with their additional 8 cent per gallon gas tax

Sunday March 26 is now on my Calendar.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Bob!

I anticipate leaving Florida the last week of April! History has taught me returning mid April gets me a greeting of cold temps, rain and on occasion flurries. I'll give "Mother Nature" time to "wash" all the roads of anti-skid and salt. PENDOT may even have time to fix some "potholes" with their additional 8 cent per gallon gas tax
    So I should plan a ride for the second Sunday in May, ending with a welcome home party of multiple lunch stops?

Turns out the previous 50 cents per gallon was used to hire more state troopers. So now they needed that new 8 cents pg. to improve the roads so you can speed up and give those troopers something to do. Not to worry though, Gov. Wolfy's latest plan is to close 2 local state prisons. The bad news is you'll need a place to stay but at least they won't lock you up, it will only be a matter of transferring some funds to the state coffers.
    Now there is a politician with a complete plan.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    Sunday March 26 is now on my Calendar.
    Thanks for confirming your interest! Glad to have you aboard, but you do understand that's only the first date suggested. Last year we started out with a similar March date and finally rode in mid May.

Now about that second Sunday in May?

Thanks for confirming your interest! Glad to have you aboard, but you do understand that's only the first date suggested. Last year we started out with a similar March date and finally rode in mid May.

Now about that second Sunday in May?

Well to be Honest I have every Sunday marked for riding. I just marked this ride as a special event, as you guys are special.... And I don't just mean the "don't eat the paste" kind of special..
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
    A few years ago a friend and I went camping out that way. During one of our side trips we stopped a little country store in the middle of no where. The owner asked us if we were there for the rattlesnake hunt! Who knew. We really enjoyed that area. Nice suggestion.
    I saw a mountain lion cross the road in front of me on my bike right about 12 noon one year. PA game commission still denies any mountain lions in the state, big controversy here.

OK then let the planning begin!

The first ride will be definitely Sunday March 26 or April 2 or the 9th or the 16th or the first Sunday there after, when it doesn't rain snow, hail or I run the risk of freezing my butt to the seat.

The plan will be to meet at the reception area off I-84 in Matamoras, PA. @ 10 am depart at 10:30. Then follow the signs north or south, or maybe even east or west just to eat and BS. Of course this is all subject to change except for the eating and BS-ing part.

Now, for the second ride? How many weeks should we allow between rides or should we just pick a date and ride?

Any suggestions or preferences on dates to schedule the canyon ride or the lakes ride or maybe northern Vermont? Remember the canyon and the lakes rides will be 2 days Saturday and Sunday rides!

Maybe Tim can suggest the best time of year to visit the Gettysburg Park ride the area and see the history. Heck, living in the area maybe he could suggest the best places to eat down there. After all this gang has been known to spend more on food then gas.

That bring to mind another possible ride to Southern NJ or Maryland for all you can eat crabs. Food makes my mind and bike wonder!
    Yep can give you all suggestions and places to eat for the area and some good roads, sometime in May would probably be about the best time, school is not out so we wouldn't run into the crowds yet and if the weather is a dry May it would be a good time.

Great, thanks for the quick come back.

Now how about a vote for the best day. Either Sunday the 7th of May or the 21st. The 14th is Mothers day and that May (there's a joke in there somewhere) be a problem for some.

We could plan for the 7th and rain or cold weather date it for the 21st.

Now for the important stuff! Where are we going to eat and what's on the menu??

Let's make sure we get the March date in first....anything like last year and any May dates "may" be taken.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    Let's make sure we get the March date in first....anything like last year and any May dates "may" be taken.
    Dam pessimist!

Dream, Dream Drrrrreeeeam. Now If I could only put a catchy tune to it you'd let me finish my nap.