Resolution for 2016
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Resolution for 2016

Resolution for 2016

to fill in my "rode map" into the deep south and and up through new england, .... washington will have to wait (and to think i was 50 miles from the ID/WA border, oops)
    What? Coffee ISN'T free?

Rode-map

Am tired of the excess weight I've carried around; since after I retired from the Army back in '99

Time to quit lying to myself. I have crossed the Rubicon already with the below; come hell or high water.

I am GOING to lose 50 pounds. One pound per week. Very doable I want to get to a target weight of 200lbs.

Been totally committed for two weeks now.. have gone down from 247 to 239 in 11 days; due to low carb diet (which says a lot since this is the Holidays).

Once the weight loss has plateaued somewhat; will focus on loss of one pound per week; by pursuing continued exercise and better management of what I eat.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Resolution for 2016

I have never spoken of resolutions before due to failing or not following through or just plain empty promises ... Well, I am committed this year to
    loose some body fat. I exercise enough , I have a problem with sweets. There I said it! Now to do something about it !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Am tired of the excess weight I've carried around; since after I retired from the Army back in '99

Time to quit lying to myself. I have crossed the Rubicon already with the below; come hell or high water.

I am GOING to lose 50 pounds. One pound per week. Very doable I want to get to a target weight of 200lbs.

Been totally committed for two weeks now.. have gone down from 247 to 239 in 11 days; due to low carb diet (which says a lot since this is the Holidays).

Once the weight loss has plateaued somewhat; will focus on loss of one pound per week; by pursuing continued exercise and better management of what I eat.
    Good for you and I know you can do it...I lost 35 lbs a few years ago and it is still off for the most part...Not selling anything, but I started with a Herbalife program, two nutritional shakes a day and a decent dinner of choice...I have several friends who also lost a lot of weight over the years with this program and it works and is cheap and easy to follow....They are on the web...Good Luck....

30 years ago I made a resolution that I have kept to this day, not to make any more.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Have not made one in 20 years or so but I am making one this year. I am going to stop living my job. I teach high school and coach wrestling and the combination keeps me tied up 6 to 7 days a week for 11 months of the year. I have 3 granddaughters and a mother battling cancer!!! My resulotion is to find a new position at the end of this school year that will allow me to spend more time with the family.

GaTeach

shooter
    Valk , Teach and I had a conversation that centered around the main problem that you refer to in your post. I used to be married to a teacher that was married to her job. I'm not married to her anymore. I admire hard work and dedication , but you have to know when to draw the line. I think you figured it out. Best of luck in your endeavor.

Quote Originally Posted by valkmc View Post
    Have not made one in 20 years or so but I am making one this year. I am going to stop living my job. I teach high school and coach wrestling and the combination keeps me tied up 6 to 7 days a week for 11 months of the year. I have 3 granddaughters and a mother battling cancer!!! My resulotion is to find a new position at the end of this school year that will allow me to spend more time with the family.

You can live to work, or work to live.... cost me huge ...don't make the money I used to but I live a better life!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    You can live to work, or work to live.... cost me huge ...don't make the money I used to but I live a better life!
    Amen

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537