Motus Motorcycles - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Motus Motorcycles

VTX was a good bike

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

My dealer owner, who has since passed away from a blood clot at 38 years old, "Ouch", told me last fall that he had attended a meeting in Japan with Honda people that were discussing moving production of big road bikes back to the USA. Apparently the state of Kentucky had tempted them with a huge tax break to build a new plant in their state.....Never heard another word about this since, so it probably falls in the "rumor" category....Although my dealer was not one to spread rumors or talk gossip!!!....Who knows, only the Shadow knows!!!!....Ride safe

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    My dealer owner, who has since passed away from a blood clot at 38 years old, "Ouch", told me last fall that he had attended a meeting in Japan with Honda people that were discussing moving production of big road bikes back to the USA. Apparently the state of Kentucky had tempted them with a huge tax break to build a new plant in their state.....Never heard another word about this since, so it probably falls in the "rumor" category....Although my dealer was not one to spread rumors or talk gossip!!!....Who knows, only the Shadow knows!!!!....Ride safe
    One would think the U.S. must be the largest market for the big touring bikes?? Or at least North America??

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    VTX was a good bike
    I miss mine sometimes.......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired USAF
    1974 - 1994

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    I wouldn't doubt that quite a few companies will consider bringing a manufacturing facility to this country if Trump institutes an import tax on goods brought in. Something this country has been lacking for a long time.
    Might still be cheaper to pay the import duty than pay the tax on the imported parts

Quote Originally Posted by stepbill View Post
    I miss mine sometimes.......
    I still have mine, couldn't bare to let her go. She holds a place of honor in the stable.

apples and oranges

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
    $38 K for what? Just another MFG. following in the footsteps of Victory.
    This is def. not a victory - no old school v-twin - but if you refer to a company trying to MAKE IT - you have to wait and see. Never sell a start up short. never discourage American ingenuity.
    Be Careful What YOU Wish For

Visited the Motus dealership/factory last summer. It looks to be a fine motorcycle with a great engine. Part of the high expense is it comes with all the after market up grades one might want to make their sport bike a top performer. Yes it is a sport bike and no cruiser type bike offered at all. Would live to see that V-4 in a touring type bike built for the long haul but the Owners said they have no interest in that direction. Performance is the name of the game and Motus is in the running.

I spent about 20 minutes on their website. Man, how much did investors pour into this company to get it going? It appears as though they designed their own longitudinally mounted V4 from scratch. If you listen to the audio files, it sounds very powerful. Checking out the specs, it looks like it makes plenty of power by 3500 rpm, so it doesn't need to rev high, but power grows exponentially if it is revved.

I like their mission and vision, which is based on passion. That will attract buyers, particularly those first-followers who like to have the newest and neatest technology. Based on their website, they are giving people reasons why to buy their product for reasons bigger than how it performs on paper or in a road test. Companies like that tend to be successful. Apple is the best known example of attracting people to their product by appealing to something beyond the actual product.

I wish them luck.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6