Getting Started

Thread: Getting Started

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cool

Yes Paul.... the wind will feel good/great !!!!!! and you will have the only trike on that side of the pond !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Paul, I am excited that you will get your face in the wind once again. Please keep us informed, as we all are with you on this project.

Congrats with the start of the trike build.
    Life's uncertain eat dessert first.
    I.M.B.B.A. Technician II Certification.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Over a year w/o riding, and then getting back in the saddle!?!??!

A BRAND NEW saddle at that!!!!,

Oh HECK YA!!!!

Cool Reverse Gear

Thanks Everyone,

Yes it will be the first F6B trike in the UK as far as I know, and certainly the only one in Scotland. There has been a few weeks delay on the build as I had to wait for a new differential to be made for me. As Trike Lady will know in most cases you have to add an external reverse gearbox to the diff. This will allow me to reverse the trike as I can't get off and push it due to my paralysis. However the builders have found a guy that has developed a diff with the reverse gear incorporated in the same box, it's being used for racing cars. This means that the trike will be a little shorter, I mean no extra box added to the diff. They are made to order so I had to wait my turn to get my built. But the Trike Shop have it now, so it's all systems go

It's been a long year without being in the saddle, and I can't wait to get onto this one. It's not until you can't do something that you realise just how much you miss it. In July three of my biker brothers visited from Ireland, I had to sit and watch them ride off for a day trip to the Isle of Skye Two days later I ordered my F6B, and now I'll have it in a few weeks

Paul B........
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

Paul, next year I already have plans to fly over to Edinburgh, and ride with a couple friends over tthere. These are guys you have probably heard of, and they are willing to lend me one of their bikes, as we tour all of Scotland, parts of Ireland, most of Wales, and a very few places in that other country...er...oh yeah..England. Anyway, not wanting to be an ass by dropping big names here (anymore than Hornblower already thinks I am ), but the guys I am visiting with, and staying with, are E.M. and C.B. I think you can figure that out.

When I come out next late Spring, how about if I get together with you for a lunch, and the four of us can chew the fat, so to speak ?

Cool Let's do lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Paul, next year I already have plans to fly over to Edinburgh, and ride with a couple friends over tthere. These are guys you have probably heard of, and they are willing to lend me one of their bikes, as we tour all of Scotland, parts of Ireland, most of Wales, and a very few places in that other country...er...oh yeah..England. Anyway, not wanting to be an ass by dropping big names here (anymore than Hornblower already thinks I am ), but the guys I am visiting with, and staying with, are E.M. and C.B. I think you can figure that out.

When I come out next late Spring, how about if I get together with you for a lunch, and the four of us can chew the fat, so to speak ?
    Hi Miles,

You're on my friend. E.M. knows this area well as his brother used to live about 40 minutes from here. So yeah lets get together and have a chat. Should be a good laugh, as we all have something in common.

All the very best.

Paul B..........
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"