Getting Started
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting Started

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Paul, it looks good.

Recommend a Front Fender Extender...as you can already see the road grime being thrown onto the front of the engine from the short front fender.

There are several of them to choose from. I went with the Fenda Extenda, which is a flat black, and works real good for me. It is easy to find the "chrome" one, but...then you either have to paint it black, spray it with Plasti-Dip, or...join Steve in the QFC gang.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar

AND,,, I want a sound clip of those muffs!!!

CONGRATULATIONS PAUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking good Paul. Miles is right on with the need of a fender extension. See ya.
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

Looks awesome and a great Christmas gift. Enjoy.
    Life's uncertain eat dessert first.
    I.M.B.B.A. Technician II Certification.

Cool Got It

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Paul, it looks good.

Recommend a Front Fender Extender...as you can already see the road grime being thrown onto the front of the engine from the short front fender.

There are several of them to choose from. I went with the Fenda Extenda, which is a flat black, and works real good for me. It is easy to find the "chrome" one, but...then you either have to paint it black, spray it with Plasti-Dip, or...join Steve in the QFC gang.
    Thanks Miles, I have the Fenda Extenda in black on the way. The Rune had a very long front fender and it protected the very fine looking rad, so something as simple as this will help indeed.
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

I can't remember if anyone asked but are the bags still functional?

Cool Just Shells

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    I can't remember if anyone asked but are the bags still functional?
    No I'm afraid they aren't, the only part that's left in the MP3 connector.

Attachment 3335
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

Paul, from that picture, it looks as though you still have "some" styorage room inside those saddlebags. Enough that you could store emergency items like a tool kit...a first aid kit...a tire repair kit...blah blah blah. Things that you do not need to get to on a daily basis.

As we all know, every little bit of storage space on a motorcycle needs to be utilized. It "looks" like you still have 50% of the usable space still available.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    To 'do it right'/weather-resistant would require some thinkin,,,,

Could it be done? Sure. One way might end up with 'mini' compartments with the hinges located just above the suspension. Kind of a 'how bad do you want it?' situation that would change the appearance of the otherwise smooth one piece lids.

But,,,,, How difficult is it to remove the lids as-is? (I assume the lids currently connect along the bottom perimeter of the axle well w/bolts - screws? )

If nothing else,,,,, perhaps the bottom edge of the lids could be made with a tang to drop in a slot,,,, just enough pivot to release OEM latches, swing top of lid out a little, pick up to remove entire lid, (and then watch your stuff fall out on ground,, LOL!)

Sealing/rattles/ and structural reinforcement of the lids would have to be addressed,,, Fun to think about!

Cool Stotage

Yeah they were specially converted to keep the back end as much to the original as possible. It was an expensive job, so I'm expecting they are weather proof. The plan was that I could still get access to the running gear for cleaning and maintenance. These are all question I'll answer when I get my hands on her, but if I can use any of the space wisely I will. Here is another picture for you, it shows new foot plates and straps to hold my feet in place. The silver cylinder is the Klicktronic gear change, which I operate by a switch on the left handlebar.

Attachment 3340