Getting Started

Thread: Getting Started

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cool I Hear Ya..

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Sorry to hear about the damaged paint!

The only GOOD thing about the paint damage is that if it had to happen, at least it happened in the 'off' season!

Most of my 'malfunctions' happen during primetime!!!
    I hear what you're say Scotrod, and I agree, at least it's not holding me back. The it's a little warmer today, so I am just about to wash the bike, see what else needs doing!
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

Congrats and don't ya just love it when a plan finally comes together and the problems soon become a distant memory.

Cool Memories..

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Congrats and don't ya just love it when a plan finally comes together and the problems soon become a distant memory.
    Yeah now I have a good look at the bike I can see lots more problem areas, but over all it's a beautiful machine. Once the paintwork is done it'll be awesome, and I'll be a very proud owner. Now, how do you get that bloody seat off!!!

Paul B..........
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul B Blues View Post
    I am just about to wash the bike, see what else needs doing!
    Better hide your wallet first!!! Theres ALWAYS something that could be added to a brand new ride!!!!

Cool More bits?

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Better hide your wallet first!!! Theres ALWAYS something that could be added to a brand new ride!!!!
    I know, I know

Just another set back...glad you finally got the bike home! Are you going to stay black or go to another color??? Happy riding !!!steve
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Unhappy And we're off!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Just another set back...glad you finally got the bike home! Are you going to stay black or go to another color??? Happy riding !!!steve
    Hi Steve,

The Trike Shop are coming back to take bike down to Cardiff, after I washed it yesterday I discovered lots more damage. Basically the area from the front fender to the corners of the panniers has suffered paint damage. In other words most of the bike. The trailer it was transported up in was open to the elements, so they covered the bike in a rainproof cover and put bubble wrap and tape around the cover. The vibrations of the trailer, potholes and bumpy roads for hundreds of miles has rubbed away the surfaces that it came into contact with. So, it's going back down for a new paint job, and it will be black of course. The wait continues...........

Cool Badges

Here are a couple of pictures of the badges Neil did for me. I really like them, and they make a big difference to the look I think. I picked this design to go with my jacket.

Attachment 3769Attachment 3770 Attachment 3771Attachment 3772

WOW!!! Rookie mistake......everybody knows not to put a cover on a bike in a open trailer !!!!!! Every time the wrapping moves it takes off paint.......... sorry Paul!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com