Getting Started

Thread: Getting Started

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cool Time for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by srkeet View Post
    Paul,

What happened to your Rune trike? That had to be a real conversation piece! Can you ride in the winter there? I've not been there but have heard it's quite cool in the winter.

God bless,

srkeet
    Hi srkeet,

I sold the Rune and it's helping to fund the conversation on the F6B. I'd had it for 8 years and it was time for a change. I did love the look of it, and it was a joy to ride. However all that beautiful chrome takes a lot of looking after, and as winter here is always a long and snowy affair the roads get plenty of salt, which loves to eat that same chrome. It got to the point that I where I didn't want to take it out, and that was a real shame. There are a few folk who will ride over the winter, but generally we don't ride between Nov/March. I'd love to live somewhere it was sunny most of the time, but that's not here....lol

Paul B...............
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Sounds like the roads could be pretty sloppy at times,,,

We all have our preferences, but was temperature/personal comfort also a reason not to ride? Lots more wind protection on the F6B

Cool Slippery

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Sounds like the roads could be pretty sloppy at times,,,

We all have our preferences, but was temperature/personal comfort also a reason not to ride? Lots more wind protection on the F6B
    The roads are very dirty Scotrod, after a couple of years of lacklustre gritting the roads dept like to lay it on pretty thick around here. I live above the snow line "Yeah I know, not very smart for a wheelchair user" so we get snow when the city only nine miles away gets zip!

As for comfort and temperature, I did have an King Rune seat with a backrest, which was a real plus as my spinal injury is at T4 level, which is high chest and that means I have no core stability. I've bought a Cee Baileys 11" screen and the Utopia backrest, but to be honest I have no sensation below my injury, so I can't tell if it's gonna be comfortable as I can't feel it!

Paul B........
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

Cool Work in Progress

Couple more pictures of the work in progress....

Attachment 2513 Attachment 2514

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Torn down, to say the least!!! Is that your new final drive/rear diff in the lower RH corner of pic 1?

Cool On the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Torn down, to say the least!!! Is that your new final drive/rear diff in the lower RH corner of pic 1?
    No Scotrod that one isn't mine. They have stripped down the bike in prep for mine to arrive, which is any day now. They are also looking at doing any other mods I have asked for such as HID and running lights, they need to crack on and get as much done as it's already a few weeks late.

Hi Paul, Good to see that the Trike conversion is getting started. I had a Grinnall trike a few years ago, based on the BMW R1200C. Great fun but I was not happy with the fuel range. You should find the F6B much better in that respect. I seem to get about 50MPG no matter how I ride it!
    What are your plans for the bits you are removing from the bike? I am looking forward to seeing your photographs of the build.
    The Billy no Mates won't work on this Forum. If you own a F6B you will find you have many Mates.