Getting Started - Page 10
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting Started

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul B Blues View Post
    You are quite right of course, I know that for it to FUBAR so early on the fault must be an obvious one.
    Heh heh heh! Tell them you don't want one that was put together at quitting time on a Friday before Holiday!!!!

Would LOVE to hear WTH went wrong with the first one,,, We all know CHIT happens, but was the "upper cog placed on the lower shaft" at the factory,,, maybe a "shifting-related disaster",,, or,,,???

(I have a strange attraction to mechanical chit that got TORE UP BIG TIME unexpectedly by the 'yet-unknown',,, Kinda like a mechanical version of 'crime-solvers')

Cool Problem Solving

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Heh heh heh! Tell them you don't want one that was put together at quitting time on a Friday before Holiday!!!!

Would LOVE to hear WTH went wrong with the first one,,, We all know CHIT happens, but was the "upper cog placed on the lower shaft" at the factory,,, maybe a "shifting-related disaster",,, or,,,???

(I have a strange attraction to mechanical chit that got TORE UP BIG TIME unexpectedly by the 'yet-unknown',,, Kinda like a mechanical version of 'crime-solvers')
    Ha ha, yes I guessed you liked the mechanical side of things Scotrod, and I promise just as soon as I find out what DID go wrong I'll put it on here. I wanna find out what happened too
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Bob the bike View Post
    Sorry to hear about the Trike problems Paul.
    I have got my fingers and everything else crossed for good luck that you manage to ride the Trike for christmas.
    The pictures are great...........keep them coming. Bob.
    Cheers Bob, I am optimistic that I'll get her before the big day, and as the weather is set to be mild for a while yet, I'll put a few mile on her too.
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

One small set back , a preview for better days......
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

The Story So Far.

Well I've just had an update from the Trike Shop, and in a nut shell this is what happened. The diff the company sent wasn't the diff for my bike, it was for a Suzuki which is being triked. My diff was the first one ordered, four weeks later they ordered the Suzuki. The gearing in the Suzuki is in reverse to the F6B, so it was running the wrong way round hence the big hold in the casing. So now MY diff has been fitted and the conversation in now complete . I have some great pictures which I'll post on here tomorrow. So it's all done and is looking great. Cheers Guys.

Paul B.........

Thanks for the update.
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul B Blues View Post
    The diff the company sent wasn't the diff for my bike, it was for a Suzuki.

Paul B.........

That was an exspensive mistake !!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Cool Final Pictures

OK Guys,

Here are the final pictures from the Trike Shop, next pictures will be in my driveway

Attachment 3324Attachment 3325Attachment 3326Attachment 3327Attachment 3328

She had just been for her second test ride hence the dirt. She will never be that dirty again I can promise you that!!! Sorry, that's the soldier in me!

Paul--

I've been meaning to ask...looking at your Avatar, are you a musician too?

Back to the subject--No doubt, you have one special machine there I hope you have many enjoyable hours riding it.

One nitpick I noticed...the 960 running light on the photo left side appears to be installed crooked. Having done that install on my bike, I can see how that could have happened. Unless this was some kind of optical illusion caused by the camera, you might want to have the guys correct that. Congratulations on finishing this cool project!