Getting Started - Page 12
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Getting Started

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    To 'do it right'/weather-resistant would require some thinkin,,,,

Could it be done? Sure. One way might end up with 'mini' compartments with the hinges located just above the suspension. Kind of a 'how bad do you want it?' situation that would change the appearance of the otherwise smooth one piece lids.

But,,,,, How difficult is it to remove the lids as-is? (I assume the lids currently connect along the bottom perimeter of the axle well w/bolts - screws? )

If nothing else,,,,, perhaps the bottom edge of the lids could be made with a tang to drop in a slot,,,, just enough pivot to release OEM latches, swing top of lid out a little, pick up to remove entire lid, (and then watch your stuff fall out on ground,, LOL!)

Sealing/rattles/ and structural reinforcement of the lids would have to be addressed,,, Fun to think about!

Cool Stotage

Yeah they were specially converted to keep the back end as much to the original as possible. It was an expensive job, so I'm expecting they are weather proof. The plan was that I could still get access to the running gear for cleaning and maintenance. These are all question I'll answer when I get my hands on her, but if I can use any of the space wisely I will. Here is another picture for you, it shows new foot plates and straps to hold my feet in place. The silver cylinder is the Klicktronic gear change, which I operate by a switch on the left handlebar.

Attachment 3340
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

Paul, what is the lever that is between the passenger footpeg, and the riders floorboard ? is that an e-brake lever ? Did they install a parking brake on the bike for you ?

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Paul, from that picture, it looks as though you still have "some" storage room inside those saddlebags. Enough that you could store emergency items like a tool kit...a first aid kit...a tire repair kit...blah blah blah.
    Yeah, according to Honda you still have room for a helmet in there

Handbrake Turn!

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Paul, what is the lever that is between the passenger footpeg, and the riders floorboard ? is that an e-brake lever ? Did they install a parking brake on the bike for you ?
    It's a handbrake Miles. By law we have to have one fitted to a trike in the UK. Handy for those handbrake turns though
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

Cool GI Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Yeah, according to Honda you still have room for a helmet in there
    Yeah, if you have a very small head!

[QUOTE Handy for those handbrake turns[/QUOTE]

You mean,,, BAT TURNS!!!!

Had a jet boat a long time ago,,, Get it up around 30, let off the gas, crank the wheel full lock, mash the throttle,,,, YEEEEEEEEEEEEhaw!!!! We nick-named it the 'Bat-Turn',,,

Those were the days!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    [QUOTE Handy for those handbrake turns
    You mean,,, BAT TURNS!!!!

Had a jet boat a long time ago,,, Get it up around 30, let off the gas, crank the wheel full lock, mash the throttle,,,, YEEEEEEEEEEEEhaw!!!! We nick-named it the 'Bat-Turn',,,

Those were the days! [/QUOTE]

WOW Scotrod those Bat-Turns sound like fun.I will have to try them on my Sea-Doo waverunner in 2014
    Ride it like you stole it

WOW Scotrod those Bat-Turns sound like fun.I will have to try them on my Sea-Doo waverunner in 2014 [/QUOTE]

Be careful doing Bat-Turns on a wave runner!!! You might get launched! I had a couple of those over the years and can't say I would have tried it on mine!!!

The boat was a different story,,, It was pretty light,,, One of those low to the water, good for nothing but haulin azz/making noise boats. (18 ft Tahiti, 460 Ford w/open Bassett headers over the stern)

After ya cranked the wheel, nailed it,,, the boat was light enough/shallow enough draft it would roll up on its side, slide/spin around then slide across the water backwards a little bit, dig in, then haul azz back the other way,, All 8 were singing at 5 grand the whole time,,,

Typically, it was: OMG!!! WE'RE GONNA DIE!!!!!!!!,,, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!,,,,,,,,

Hey,,,,,,,,,,,, that was FUN!!, Can we do it again????

Yep, had a lot of fun in my younger days,,,,

Cool Lights Done

OK that's the lights sorted. One more test ride done too (Looking really dirty now), and one more tomorrow to make final adjustments, and then we wait for the Government paperwork, so who knows how long that will take

Attachment 3352