Getting Started - Page 13
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Getting Started

Quote Originally Posted by Paul B Blues View Post
    One more test ride done too (Looking really dirty now)
    Paul, that is the best look to have...that the bike has been ridden. I would rather have a dirty bike, with mileage on it, than a pretty/shiny bike, with no mileage on it. It shows that someone was out having fun.

Cool Not Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    Paul, that is the best look to have...that the bike has been ridden. I would rather have a dirty bike, with mileage on it, than a pretty/shiny bike, with no mileage on it. It shows that someone was out having fun.

Ha ha, yes Miles I agree, but I wish it was me had made it dirty It's all for a good cause I know, so I'll get my wash and polish kit ready for when it gets here. It will be valeted before it gets here, but I'll was it anyway....ha ha ha
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

Unhappy It's Ready

OK that's the Trike now ready for delivery We now have to wait for the Government paperwork to confirm the conversation from bike to trike. Due to streamlining of services, closing of departments and merging others, the last registrations have taken 6 f-ing weeks. The owner of the Trike Shop called and complained about the delay, they were promised the new registrations would take no longer then 10 days. My 10th day was 2 days ago, still no paperwork Now we must wait

Paul B..........
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

Trike Registration

Hi Paul, sorry to hear of the delay but I do not understand the problem with the paperwork.
    Your bike was already registered on 2nd August 2013 and road tax paid until 1st August 2014.
    I understand that the taxation class has been changed from Bicycle to Trike but surely this is just an admin job. As long as you are still the registered keeper the bike is legal.
    Under the new regulations you do not have to wait for the tax disc change, you are now allowed to ride without displaying a disc for 14 days. This rule was brought in when the system was centralised! You may also know that because the system has changed, from October 2014 the tax disc is going to be abolished.
    Unless someone from the DVLA or VOSA wish to inspect the Trike conversion, you should be good to go. The only other hold up would be if you have changed the plate!
    If I have misunderstood the new regulations, please let me know.
    Lets hope you get to ride it soon. Bob.

Cool Need To Talk!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob the bike View Post
    Hi Paul, sorry to hear of the delay but I do not understand the problem with the paperwork.
    Your bike was already registered on 2nd August 2013 and road tax paid until 1st August 2014.
    I understand that the taxation class has been changed from Bicycle to Trike but surely this is just an admin job. As long as you are still the registered keeper the bike is legal.
    Under the new regulations you do not have to wait for the tax disc change, you are now allowed to ride without displaying a disc for 14 days. This rule was brought in when the system was centralised! You may also know that because the system has changed, from October 2014 the tax disc is going to be abolished.
    Unless someone from the DVLA or VOSA wish to inspect the Trike conversion, you should be good to go. The only other hold up would be if you have changed the plate!
    If I have misunderstood the new regulations, please let me know.
    Lets hope you get to ride it soon. Bob.
    Bob, the guys at the Trike Shop are would be happy to deliver the bike, but if they DVLA/VOSA do wish to inspect then they would have to take it back to Cardiff. That's the sticking point mate. I'll PM you mate.

Unhappy Santa's not coming to town!

It official, Santa's not coming to town Just got an email from the Trike Shop to say the DVLA haven't even received my application yet. It was sent recorded delivery, but the right department has not received the paperwork. It's now gonna be 2014 before I get my bike. I am so p****d off right now. Time for a BIG DRINK.............Cheers

Serious Bummer

Paul, that is quite unfortunate news. Many of us here continue to rally behind you and your new trike.

To that end...I will not ride my bike again until I hear from you that your new trike is in your hands, and on the road.

Of course, it helps that it is close to Winter time here...in 2 days...and I live in the northern states...and my ear is still recovering from the surgery...but all of that nonetheless, I could go out and ride if I really had the need to. But I refuse...refuse I say...to ride my bike again until you get your trike handed to you, and on the road.

Now, don't anyone else be foolish enough to make the same agreement. You all go out and ride, have fun, and Paul and I will sit here...waiting.

Cool In Support

Miles you are a Diamond Geezer, but I wouldn't want you or anyone else not to ride because of some lazy government official. I am cool, calm and collected now, plus the heavy snow fall right now is making it easier to live with I will keep you posted.

Attachment 3397 I need to get some practice in.....lol

Paul B..........

Cool Waiting to go home.

Well here she is, all washed and ready for delivery in Jan

Attachment 3431Attachment 3432Attachment 3433Attachment 3434Attachment 3435

Paul, that looks COOL, mate. And that parking lot looks large enough that you could get away with riding the bike, day or night, all around the parking lot, to get used to the controls and feel of the bike. The "gov" does not have to know that you are out there practicing for the Trike Drill Team