Getting Started - Page 17
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Getting Started

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    Hehe

Paul the trike looks marvelous and even better with you on it
    If my memory serves me correctly you are the same Big Larry I remember from the Honda VTX 1800C Forum. A great guy with a love of big CC rides.

Regards and glad to hear your still riding great Honda Machines

Bob 109 a.k.a. BobVTX

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    If my memory serves me correctly you are the same Big Larry I remember from the Honda VTX 1800C Forum. A great guy with a love of big CC rides.

Regards and glad to hear your still riding great Honda Machines

Bob 109 a.k.a. BobVTX
    More importantly, is the fact that he is and has been quite a contributor to the VTX - Motorcycle world, sharing his vast mechanical knowledge and do it yourself web site with fellow bikers, for as long as I can remember. Thank YOU, Larry

I definitely welcome Larry's mechanical expertise and insight to this Forum.

Just my opinion,
    J
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

Congrats Paul. Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstiff's F6B View Post
    More importantly, is the fact that he is and has been quite a contributor to the VTX - Motorcycle world, sharing his vast mechanical knowledge and do it yourself web site with fellow bikers, for as long as I can remember. Thank YOU, Larry

I definitely welcome Larry's mechanical expertise and insight to this Forum.

Just my opinion,
    J
    Yea it's me and still into Hondas with a new F6B and 1 Rune (down from 4), 3 VTX1800 one with a turbo and a kawi 650 just to keep things mixed up in my stable of steel steeds, but enough about me and not to anymore let's keep on track and Paul's great looking trike.
    I can't wait to hear a sound clip of them pipes and a pic of him on the road

Miles is right, that is a trike emot ya just can't see the third wheel.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Cool GORGEOUS!

Hi Everyone,

Thanks very much for all your kind words. The good news is that it's here, and Miles my wife and daughter think I'm gorgeous, so that's good enough for me

The bad news is in the cold light of day it's clear to see that the paintwork has suffered badly on the way up. The rain cover used while transporting her up has rubbed off the top layers of paint from the fenders both left and right, and from the corners of both panniers

I pointed out some of the scratches to the guys last night, but the daylight has shown lots more damage to the paintwork. The guys at the Trike Shop have agreed their mistake, and I'm now finding a painter to repair ALL the paintwork.

Having said that, I do love the bike, and I'm looking forward to getting out for a ride soon. Scotrod the pipes are off a Victory so I'm told. They don't sounds as mean as they look, just a nice purr. Once I get the bike washed and all cleaned up I'll get more pics, and a sound clip too.

Thanks again everyone for your support, and I'll keep you posted.

Cheers

Paul B........
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Sorry to hear about the damaged paint!

The only GOOD thing about the paint damage is that if it had to happen, at least it happened in the 'off' season!

Most of my 'malfunctions' happen during primetime!!!

Cool I Hear Ya..

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Sorry to hear about the damaged paint!

The only GOOD thing about the paint damage is that if it had to happen, at least it happened in the 'off' season!

Most of my 'malfunctions' happen during primetime!!!
    I hear what you're say Scotrod, and I agree, at least it's not holding me back. The it's a little warmer today, so I am just about to wash the bike, see what else needs doing!
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

Congrats and don't ya just love it when a plan finally comes together and the problems soon become a distant memory.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul B Blues View Post
    I am just about to wash the bike, see what else needs doing!
    Better hide your wallet first!!! Theres ALWAYS something that could be added to a brand new ride!!!!

Cool Memories..

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Congrats and don't ya just love it when a plan finally comes together and the problems soon become a distant memory.
    Yeah now I have a good look at the bike I can see lots more problem areas, but over all it's a beautiful machine. Once the paintwork is done it'll be awesome, and I'll be a very proud owner. Now, how do you get that bloody seat off!!!

Paul B..........