Getting Started - Page 18
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Getting Started

Cool More bits?

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Better hide your wallet first!!! Theres ALWAYS something that could be added to a brand new ride!!!!
    I know, I know
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

Just another set back...glad you finally got the bike home! Are you going to stay black or go to another color??? Happy riding !!!steve
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Unhappy And we're off!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Just another set back...glad you finally got the bike home! Are you going to stay black or go to another color??? Happy riding !!!steve
    Hi Steve,

The Trike Shop are coming back to take bike down to Cardiff, after I washed it yesterday I discovered lots more damage. Basically the area from the front fender to the corners of the panniers has suffered paint damage. In other words most of the bike. The trailer it was transported up in was open to the elements, so they covered the bike in a rainproof cover and put bubble wrap and tape around the cover. The vibrations of the trailer, potholes and bumpy roads for hundreds of miles has rubbed away the surfaces that it came into contact with. So, it's going back down for a new paint job, and it will be black of course. The wait continues...........
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

Cool Badges

Here are a couple of pictures of the badges Neil did for me. I really like them, and they make a big difference to the look I think. I picked this design to go with my jacket.

Attachment 3769Attachment 3770 Attachment 3771Attachment 3772

WOW!!! Rookie mistake......everybody knows not to put a cover on a bike in a open trailer !!!!!! Every time the wrapping moves it takes off paint.......... sorry Paul!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Red face Rock Salt!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    WOW!!! Rookie mistake......everybody knows not to put a cover on a bike in a open trailer !!!!!! Every time the wrapping moves it takes off paint.......... sorry Paul!
    Aye Steve I agree. When they brought the Rune up it was white with road salt, I had to wash it just as soon as it got here. They didn't want the same thing to happen again, hence the cover. As of now all vehicles will be delivered in a covered trailer. Mine goes back down the road Saturday with a promise of a "Perfect Bike" when it comes back...in that covered trailer.

Pity that they had to learn the hard way.
    Most RVers on this side of the pond just have a splash panel on the front of their trailer or the vehicle they're towing.

Unhappy It's Gone.....Again.

Quote Originally Posted by 4DI2D View Post
    Pity that they had to learn the hard way.
    Most RVers on this side of the pond just have a splash panel on the front of their trailer or the vehicle they're towing.
    Yes that makes good sense. The bike was collected yesterday, so lets see where we go from here

Cool Paint Issues!

Well, well, well! Just been speaking to the guys at The Trike Shop. They had a long chat with the painter who is looking over the damage to my bike. He told them that he had found it very difficult to match/work with Honda's crappy paint. None of the work he did had a mark on it, but all the areas that had Honda's paint, most of it had been rubbed off! I've just been reading the Paint Thread Now it seems obvious why it was so easily marked. Maybe this is a blessing

Cool All Change

Hi Everyone,

Just had an email from the guys at the Trike Shop. After having the bike inspected by their own dealer, and reading the reports Honda UK have said they will change the two side panels, the nose cone, and the two back panels also. I don't know yet if this is as a "Good will gesture" or they recognise the paint issue. I have asked for more details, and as soon as I get them I'll stick them on here