Getting Started - Page 4
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting Started

Cool MX200 Diff

Well at last the new diff has arrived and is now being added to the back end and the frame is being welded.

Attachment 2762Attachment 2763Attachment 2764

For the technically minded here are the guys who make it, and this what it does.

http://www.eliteracingtransmissions.com/ https://www.highpowermedia.com/RET-M...e-engined-cars

Paul B............
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

DN-01 Trike

Here is a new DN-01 Trike from the same guys who are building mine

Attachment 2769
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul B Blues View Post
    Well at last the new diff has arrived and is now being added to the back end and the frame is being welded.

Attachment 2762Attachment 2763Attachment 2764

For the technically minded here are the guys who make it, and this what it does.

http://www.eliteracingtransmissions.com/ https://www.highpowermedia.com/RET-M...e-engined-cars

Paul B............
    SWEEEEEET!!!!!

Curious,,, as it appears you have a wide range of final gear choices,,, what 'direction' are you headed in? Do you want to end up with as close to OEM Honda as possible? Little taller? Little shorter?

Wheel size, GVW, all are factors, and you've already had an excellent 'taste' of a comparable powertrain/final set-up with your Rune.

There are days when I wish the GL final drive was just a tad higher. (less rpm at higway speeds, but only because I seem to 'run out' of higher gears to shift to at about 40 mph! LOL!
    Certainly no issue with the flat six running 'whatever' rpm you need,,, and I do like the wide power-band,,,

Probably wouln't make much difference either way, but if I had to choose something different, I'd probably wish for 'higher' instead of 'lower'

I'm sure you'll be running a taller tire than, OEM,,,, What tire / final ratio will you be running?

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul B Blues View Post
    Here is a new DN-01 Trike from the same guys who are building mine

Attachment 2769
    Looks like 2 levers on RH side of bars. Interesting! Wondering how that works,,,

To me, it's too dayum cool to safely get folks out with their 'knees in the breeze' when 'conventional' equipment might not won't work for 'em!!!

Got a guy here in Houston I see every now and then on a Spyder. Zippin down the road just as easy as you please with his chair on the back. All I can say is HELL YA!!!!

Cool The Back Wheels are On!

Well here are another couple of pictures for you. As you can see the back axle is now on. There are still a few bits to be fitted to the suspension, it all has to be painted "Black" of course, but you are starting to get an idea of what the thing will look like. Black wheels and normal car tyres, with one of Neil's Skull badges in the centre hub.

The new diff with the reverse gear is in and the 4to1 ratio is the same as on a standard bike. Unfortunately I'll not be able to use the panniers, they had to be cut into to make room for the suspension arms. They will be made to look pretty much as normal with a new fibreglass shell, and then they will be sealed. I will have access to the be able to clean and maintain the bits underneath.

Attachment 2799Attachment 2800Attachment 2801Attachment 2802Attachment 2803

Cool Twin Levers

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Looks like 2 levers on RH side of bars. Interesting! Wondering how that works,,,

To me, it's too dayum cool to safely get folks out with their 'knees in the breeze' when 'conventional' equipment might not won't work for 'em!!!

Got a guy here in Houston I see every now and then on a Spyder. Zippin down the road just as easy as you please with his chair on the back. All I can say is HELL YA!!!!
    Scotrod the twin levers on the right hand side are dual break levers. The rider of this machine like myself is paralysed from the chest down, so we have no movement in our legs and feet, so we cannot apply the foot break. So the breaks are linked to this front set of levers, and can be applied separately or simultaneously

On the left hand side there is a Klicktronic gear changer fitted that allows us to change gear http://www.kliktronic.co.uk/

Paul B....

Paul B it is coming out nice.It will be one sweet machine when she is done.You have to be going nuts waiting for the day that you ride her for the first time.
    Ride it like you stole it

Smile To Long Already

Quote Originally Posted by F6B-RICH View Post
    Paul B it is coming out nice.It will be one sweet machine when she is done.You have to be going nuts waiting for the day that you ride her for the first time.
    Rich my friend you have no idea just how much I am looking froward to this, it will be here in about 5 ever so long weeks. Just in time for Christmas Ho Ho Ho!!

Looking good. Nicely made axle, looks lighter than the ones made in the states.
    Life's uncertain eat dessert first.
    I.M.B.B.A. Technician II Certification.

Red face A Little Smaller

Quote Originally Posted by Trike lady View Post
    Looking good. Nicely made axle, looks lighter than the ones made in the states.
    Yes it's going to be a little shorter and lighter than the Rune. Don't get me wrong I loved the Rune, but she was a Big Girl