Getting Started - Page 9
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting Started

Thumbs up A Set Back!

Well it seems that it was all going too smoothly After putting everything back together they took her for a test drive.....look what happened Attachment 3312 After a two month delay waiting for this diff, it's first full test and it's not doing to well to put it mildly. It's on it's way back to the manufacturers and they PROMISE to have a new fully working one back to the shop by Friday! I am seriously disappointed.
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

Wow!!!!!

Paul:

Sorry to hear about the setback. Looking at the picture that is a serious fracture. Hope once the company analyzes the returned case they figure out what went wrong and it's not something inherent with the case design.

Bob

No Gear

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Paul:

Sorry to hear about the setback. Looking at the picture that is a serious fracture. Hope once the company analyzes the returned case they figure out what went wrong and it's not something inherent with the case design.

Bob
    Thanks Bob,

They said they were having problems selecting gear, as if the ratio was wrong. It's only when they took it back to the shop they spotted the BIG HOLE in the case. They use these diffs on racing cars, so they are tried and tested under extreme conditions

I'll keep you posted.
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul B Blues View Post

They use these diffs on racing cars, so they are tried and tested under extreme conditions
    That was the impression I had, which makes a major failure like this one very 'peculiar',,, It isn't like this is the first gearbox the company has made nor is it the first box the Trike company has installed,,, WTH???!!!???!!!

Only 'good' thing is,,, if it had to happen, at least it happened BEFORE you took posession and got stuck alongside the road!!!!

Hang in there, Paul!!!

Bummer

Well Paul I guess that's what testing is for.
    Better now than in April or May when your just getting primed up for the riding season.
    I'm betting Santa and his elves will still get that machine under your tree by xmas.
    We're all pulling for you.

I Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post

That was the impression I had, which makes a major failure like this one very 'peculiar',,, It isn't like this is the first gearbox the company has made nor is it the first box the Trike company has installed,,, WTH???!!!???!!!

Only 'good' thing is,,, if it had to happen, at least it happened BEFORE you took posession and got stuck alongside the road!!!!

Hang in there, Paul!!!
    Yes Scotrod I agree, it would have been a real messy situation. I now have the problem of a confidence issue with the diff, as I won't be riding it at all until maybe March, I will just have to hope and pray it was a one off.

Paul B.....

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul B Blues View Post
    I now have the problem of a confidence issue with the diff,

Paul B.....
    I understand completely how you feel, but,,,,,

As catastrophic as the failure was, and at such an early point in the box's life,,,,, The chance of an identical repeat failure somewhere down the road would be virtually nil,,

Something was FUBAR with the first set up as it died in testing,,, Wrong enough that it should be easy to tell what went wrong as Owner abuse, wear, maintenance, etc, etc, were never a part of the problem. It 'did what it did' very early in life, and the 'smoking gun' has only few places to hide,,,

You know all eyes will be upon the 2nd box and they'll be testing it before you get the trike.

Cool Christmas Delivery

Quote Originally Posted by Hambly434 View Post
    Well Paul I guess that's what testing is for.
    Better now than in April or May when your just getting primed up for the riding season.
    I'm betting Santa and his elves will still get that machine under your tree by xmas.
    We're all pulling for you.
    Right now Neil I am still be promised pre Christmas delivery, they are good guys at the Trike Shop, and I know if they can deliver they will.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    I understand completely how you feel, but,,,,,

As catastrophic as the failure was, and at such an early point in the box's life,,,,, The chance of an identical repeat failure somewhere down the road would be virtually nil,,

Something was FUBAR with the first set up as it died in testing,,, Wrong enough that it should be easy to tell what went wrong as Owner abuse, wear, maintenance, etc, etc, were never a part of the problem. It 'did what it did' very early in life, and the 'smoking gun' has only few places to hide,,,

You know all eyes will be upon the 2nd box and they'll be testing it before you get the trike.
    You are quite right of course, I know that for it to FUBAR so early on the fault must be an obvious one.

Set Back

Sorry to hear about the Trike problems Paul.
    I have got my fingers and everything else crossed for good luck that you manage to ride the Trike for christmas.
    The pictures are great...........keep them coming. Bob.