belly pan - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: belly pan

Cool

Mac G is the only way to go! Wether you like diamond plate or not, it is made of the thickest material out there and I can easily lift the bike on my lift. Paint it or have it powder coated... you only have to do the sides. No heat issues for me. There have been a few folks that have had their oil filter punctured by an object and the water bottle is under there as well. I did not paint mine and you can barley see it.

Your call... Opinions vary!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

An experiment....

With a water cooled engine, heat build up down there isn't allegedly a factor.

Since my belly pan is off and I have one of those laser point temp/heat reader thingys (Harbor Freight, $20), I'll take a few days of data on different points on the underside.
    When I get a bellypan, I'll do the same.
    I'll have to use points I can see with the bellypan installed to create a similar data set.

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    With a water cooled engine, heat build up down there isn't allegedly a factor.

Since my belly pan is off and I have one of those laser point temp/heat reader thingys (Harbor Freight, $20), I'll take a few days of data on different points on the underside.
    When I get a bellypan, I'll do the same.
    I'll have to use points I can see with the bellypan installed to create a similar data set.

Cheers,
    Steve
    This is great.
    I look forward to your results.
    Thanx,
    Jim

Well it appears that no matter what we can't stop talking about the MacG pan. It is so strong that in my opinion if you hit something solid it will just shear off the mounts. As said that is the weak point underneath anyway. I prefer something a little softer to help absorb an impact.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Well it appears that no matter what we can't stop talking about the MacG pan. It is so strong that in my opinion if you hit something solid it will just shear off the mounts. As said that is the weak point underneath anyway. I prefer something a little softer to help absorb an impact.
    From what all I have read on this thread you are doomed for a thin aluminum black pan (no MacG).

Quote Originally Posted by GNW View Post
    From what all I have read on this thread you are doomed for a thin aluminum black pan (no MacG).

Wow finally, even though my first post in this thread says no to the industrial diamond plate and I only want black it still took many post of debate to realize I will not get a MacG. I would bet it did stop others from posting their experiences about the other brands which is what I was wanting. It does remind me of the motorcycle tire post where no mater what is said the CT people fell compelled to inject the superior qualities of running a CT to the point you can't talk about motorcycle tires. Oh well they love the CTs and you love your MacG to the point if that if I don't agree with your choice then I'm doomed.

Like was mentioned earlier Phantom was working on something but life got in the way. Someday maybe he'll have the opportunity to finish it up, however if you do a search or one of the moderators has it handy you could see the route he was going.

Belly Pan

I still like the one that Tony designed the best...

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?7...-an-idea/page3

So I think I'll hold off to see if something develops with it.

Wow finally, even though my first post in this thread says no to the industrial diamond plate and I only want black it still took many post of debate to realize I will not get a MacG. I would bet it did stop others from posting their experiences about the other brands which is what I was wanting. It does remind me of the motorcycle tire post where no mater what is said the CT people fell compelled to inject the superior qualities of running a CT to the point you can't talk about motorcycle tires. Oh well they love the CTs and you love your MacG to the point if that if I don't agree with your choice then I'm doomed.

Sorry I said doomed. You already know what you want, if you want it. Buy it. Oh, just buy from our sponsors !

I have read that Show Chrome and Big Bike were the one in the same or at least provided the same items.
    Big Bike Parts is the name of the company, Show Chrome Accessories is what they call their line of cruiser accessories.