Nolan ncom B1 to F6B radio

Thread: Nolan ncom B1 to F6B radio

Nolan ncom B1 to F6B radio

Does anyone know of a cord used to connect a Nolan N104 helmet with a B1 ncom system to the F6B radio?

Thanks,
    Geoff in Fairfield, CT

Quote Originally Posted by dkooris View Post
    Does anyone know of a cord used to connect a Nolan N104 helmet with a B1 ncom system to the F6B radio?

Thanks,
    Geoff in Fairfield, CT

Hey, Geoff. I'll take a stab at it here. I don't have the Nolan N104 or the B1 ncom system...but..... in principle, it should be the same as my Schuberth C3 Pro helmet with the Sena 20s system.

I'm thinking you want to bluetooth your bikes audio, whether using the AM/FM or AUX setting for your USB stick, to your helmet headset.
    First, you'll need a cord that goes between your bike's 5 pin connector(DIN midi) and a bluetooth transmitter. Here is the cord I bought.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Then you'll need a bluetooth transmitter that takes the other end of the above cord. Here's the one I bought.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Then it's just a matter of changing your F6b's output from speakers to headset(top left button on your audio panel) and then pairing your B1 ncom to the bluetooth unit(set to transmit).

I didn't use the little cord that came with the transmitter. And you can also buy the 5pin to 3.5mm cord in different lengths. I just coil up the excess and tywrap it. I also used a small mating set
    of velcro to mount the transmitter to the left glove box. Just keep in mind that the transmitter in all likelihood isn't waterproof so you might want to mount it up on your dashtray or similar spot so the windshield
    deflects any rainwater.

Good luck.
    Do your Best and Miss the Rest!

Re: Nolan to F6B

Just so I understand this - the little chord on the bluetooth piece detaches and you can plug the male end of the cord into the bluetooth piece?

Just so I understand this - the little chord on the bluetooth piece detaches and you can plug the male end of the cord into the bluetooth piece?
    Yep, that's exactly what you do. See the 2nd picture down on the left hand side in the link for the transmitter. But save the little cord that comes with the transmitter. It can be used to bluetooth any other source(besides your bikes 5 pin connector)
    that has a 3.5mm speaker out jack to your headset also.

If you go with this setup---and it does work great, just know that you'll pair it to your helmet headset as an A2DP bluetooth profile. My Sena can only handle one such device but up
    to 2 phones and my Garmin 395lm.

This transmitter is more expensive but it works and is more accomodating for doing what you want to do. You can have this and your phone both bluetooth connected. At least to a Sena set you can. It's also weatherproof and can be mounted to your bars or somewhere if you like.https://www.amazon.com/SENA-STREAM-B...h=+transmitter
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    This transmitter is more expensive but it works and is more accomodating for doing what you want to do. You can have this and your phone both bluetooth connected. At least to a Sena set you can. It's also weatherproof and can be mounted to your bars or somewhere if you like.https://www.amazon.com/SENA-STREAM-B...h=+transmitter
    Agreed with the added flexibility and that's a very popular addition to the Sena setup...but he doesn't have a Sena. Not sure what difference that would make, if any. I'm also able to have my transmitter, phone, and Garmin all bluetooth connected at once to my 20s. I suggested the cheap route for us poor folks that don't have your money, Jimmy.

Quote Originally Posted by wiggy View Post
    Agreed with the added flexibility and that's a very popular addition to the Sena setup...but he doesn't have a Sena. Not sure what difference that would make, if any. I'm also able to have my transmitter, phone, and Garmin all bluetooth connected at once to my 20s. I suggested the cheap route for us poor folks that don't have your money, Jimmy.

I am just a poor boy, though my story's seldom told...

I am just a poor boy, though my story's seldom told...
    Can you hear the wind blow?

The Sena transmitter should work with other Bluetooth devices. It's just an option.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"