F6B Rack
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F6B Rack

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Talking F6B Rack

Dale makes a Nice sturdy rack, Flat. Ill try to get pics posted, but here is is info. PM me with email and Ill send pics or look at my avatar.
    Dale Gray hondabikepro@gmail.com +1 (360) 490-3716
    2015 Honda F6B Deluxe (Current)
    Traxxion Suspension
    Ultimate Seat
    Rockford Audio 8BB & PMX1R
    Cerwin Vega B54 Amplifier
    Avon Cobra Tires
    JBL 6.5" speakers
    Klockwerks Windshield

2011 Kawasaki Vaquero (SOLD)

Wish I'd have seen this yesterday! Just ordered the Show Chrome model yesterday with reservations.

Mike

Love Mine!!

Got one of these from Dale and love it.

Can you put a passenger backrest on with this arrangement too? If so, then it should accomodate a generous T-Bag for my wonderful wife who is unable to grasp the concept of packing light.

Ive attached a Harley Tourpak, WITH a T-Bags Dekker II Bag on top...
    That will surely address any Packing light issues...
    Anything more, requires a Uhaul...
    2015 Honda F6B Deluxe (Current)
    Traxxion Suspension
    Ultimate Seat
    Rockford Audio 8BB & PMX1R
    Cerwin Vega B54 Amplifier
    Avon Cobra Tires
    JBL 6.5" speakers
    Klockwerks Windshield

2011 Kawasaki Vaquero (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by mrjava View Post
    Ive attached a Harley Tourpak, WITH a T-Bags Dekker II Bag on top...
    That will surely address any Packing light issues...
    Anything more, requires a Uhaul...
    Can you post a pic of the tour pak mounted?

Quote Originally Posted by Flhfxd View Post
    Can you put a passenger backrest on with this arrangement too? If so, then it should accomodate a generous T-Bag for my wonderful wife who is unable to grasp the concept of packing light.
    lol, I just hand the GF a backpack and tell her this is all she gets. She's reasonable that way...It's all the stuff she finds along the way that becomes the issue

Quote Originally Posted by Flhfxd View Post
    You can mount the honda F6B passenger backrest with no issues. I have this one also and can not say enough great things about it. Not supper pretty but it is extremely sturdy and well made!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired USAF
    1974 - 1994

Quote Originally Posted by speedjunkie View Post
    Wish I'd have seen this yesterday! Just ordered the Show Chrome model yesterday with reservations.

Mike
    Well, you can always return it.

Got Dale's rack yesterday and installed it tonight. I will say that it's the pussies whiskers for sure. I did have some issues, BUT NOT WITH THE RACK. I talked to Dale and he ushered me through an issue with Honda's apparent lack of QC with the sub-rack under the rear shroud that the screw posts are attached to. The back rest attaches with 4 black bolts into those threaded posts and the left and right posts are attached to a bracket that is under the shroud. My crew in Japan must have had a little to much sake at lunch and didn't properly align the right side bracket, thereby making it a pain in my butt to get the rack smoothly bolted down into the posts. The right front and back screw posts were too far to the left by about 3/16" and instead of taking the entire back end of the bike apart, which Dale told me how to do, I opted to enlarge the right holes on his rack so the bolts would have some extra room to the left of the stock rack holes. I took the trusty Dremel and then a round file and enlarged those holes about 3 to 4mm and on she went like custom made Leddy boots (made in Ft.Worth and a 12 month wait). Dale mentioned that a number of his customers have not had a problem. Murphy's Law does come into play at times. I will say that Dale's rack feels like I could lift the bike off the ground from the rack. It is CNC machined and the powder coating is superb. Not a blem or flaw anywhere on the rack...top or bottom. I have no doubt it could hold 4 cases of beer and 3 briskets in a cooler for a nice weekend trip to Big Bend. Hat's off to Dale, his awesome customer service, and a gem of a rack thrown in for good measure. ...............11 out of 10 stars from me......