Seat upgrade? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Seat upgrade?

I used the stock seat for a couple of years. It broke in at around 700 miles and was comfortable with the backrest on long runs. I would routinely do 3-4 hundred mile "day rides" about 600 per day on a trip before I stopped and a couple of 1000/24 runs for the challenge.
    I wanted the Mustang seat for the looks and the fact that it was lower seating position. I bought the deluxe and for looks it is beautiful. The lower seating position helps me in backing the bike up and gives a bit of confidence in the corners.
    Right now I am not impressed with the overall comfort compared to my stock seat.I miss the backrest and it burns my butt/upper thigh area after about 200 miles. I haven't had it long enough to compare with the break-in on the stocker so I am withholding comfort judgement for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by yellow rex View Post
    When I talk to RDL he told me it would add 1 inch to any seats original height so I purchase another Ultimate seat.
    X2

Frustrated with the stock ass breaker seat, I decided to get Master Lugo's custom seats to fix it with their memory foam. They had a booth set up at the Mad River Harley store during the Sandusky Bike Week. They ground out the old factory foam and reshaped the core seat area and in the straight section where the seat rises and joins the passenger seat section, they shaped it like a horse saddle. It's much more comfortable now. Two hour job while I walked the vendors and took a couple HD test rides. It was one third the cost of a new Corbin seat. I'm glad I took a chance on this.