Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
Bob that does include some really nice roads I know and one new one that I was already planning to explore. Waldon Creek Rd. It looks to be less than 200 miles so time to do some more exploring or something else for the day. Do you plan to leave the motel and cut over to Waldon on Little Cove Rd.? Another question is the northern, exit that is one way, Old Caves Cove Rd (to Townsend from Cades Cove) open and good enough for bikes? Or do you have to backtrack to Laurel Creek.
Those 200 miles will eat up most of the day. Many of the roads we will be on are very curvy and you do not average much speed through parts of it. The Dragon for instance is only posted @ 30 mph. Should be a great day. I was on the Cherohala two days ago and it was 65 degrees.
I will get together with Steve on the 30th when he gets up here and cement plans for staging everyone and we will let everyone know about the details.
Concerning Old Cades Cove Rd, I am not sure. My sister lives in Townsend so I am over there fairly often. I was over @ Tuckaleechee Caverns last fall and it was open then but have not been down that road since the fires last fall so I can not answer that question.