1 place trailer

Thread: 1 place trailer

1 place trailer

Have a chance to pic up a 1 bike trailer from my brother, his riding days are unfortunately over. Not that I have a need for it, I'm not the trailer type of guy, especially w/the 6 but their are those inevitable times...
    His trailer is long enough to place the 6 on but I would have the ass end/bags hanging over the end, is this a problem ? Thanks in advance.
    SOUTHERN small town Wisconsin

It seems it wouldn't be a problem in my eyes. Your bike is just as "exposed" on the trailer as riding it down the road. As long as it's secure.

Trailer

Hello Chop. You say your not much of a trailer guy, so I would think it would be OK, for limited use. I don't think it would be ideal to haul a big bike half way across the country, but for a few shorter trips, would seem fine. What size wheels on the trailer, and what's the weight limit?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Have a chance to pic up a 1 bike trailer from my brother, his riding days are unfortunately over. Not that I have a need for it, I'm not the trailer type of guy, especially w/the 6 but their are those inevitable times...
    His trailer is long enough to place the 6 on but I would have the ass end/bags hanging over the end, is this a problem ? Thanks in advance.

When trailering a load (any load on a trailer) at is all about weight placement. If there is too much weight behind the trailer axle you will not have enough weight on the tongue and that is why trailers sway going down the road. Not to mention the fact that the hitch will now try to lift itself off the ball.

10 to 15% of your total weight (trailer and load) should be on the tongue. 800lb load + 600lb trailer = 1400lb -----200lb tongue weigh to be safe.
    So if you have enough tongue weight, you can let the load hang off the back.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    8 ft in length would be the min IMO, in a 6.5 ft pickup bed its doable but a trailer I need 8 ft.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doug K9CRT
    Decatur, IL
    2013 F6b (Red)
    Cage 2016 Chevrolet Silverado Z71
    Cage in Avatar Honda S2000

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    When trailering a load (any load on a trailer) at is all about weight placement. If there is too much weight behind the trailer axle you will not have enough weight on the tongue and that is why trailers sway going down the road. Not to mention the fact that the hitch will now try to lift itself off the ball.

10 to 15% of your total weight (trailer and load) should be on the tongue. 800lb load + 600lb trailer = 1400lb -----200lb tongue weigh to be safe.
    So if you have enough tongue weight, you can let the load hang off the back.

+1 on load distribution/toungue weight .... The trailer will start the death dance if not correct! Trailer brakes are the only way to stop the dance.
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com