Must Have Mods ...

Thread: Must Have Mods ...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Must Have Mods ...

I thought it would be helpful to have a consolidated thread of the "Must Have Mods" for the F6B.

Please list what mods that have made significant improvements to your F6B (electrical, mechanical, environmental, comfort, etc).

Please include details like vendor, cost, part numbers, sizes, reversible/non-reversible, etc..

TIA

Please list what mods that have made significant improvements to your F6B
    The F6B from the factory is a very comfortable and complete package. The only "must have" item is a different windshield, and if you have a very quite helmet and don't mind a little wind blast then forget that one to. As for listing manufacture, parts numbers, cost, etc. There are just too many available, it's a matter of personal choice.

Priceless Item

Having bought the Basic Model F6B it came without a center-stand The stand was one of my first purchases. Bought it off E-Bay for a mere $25.00, a fraction of the cost of a new one. As the stand came without mounting hardware i.e. spring, right and left hand threaded bolts, those items were purchased separately from from Wing Stuff for $30.00.

As I do all my own "wrenching" and fabrication there, IMHO, is no more important and functional item than the CS. Having the bike in a true vertical and level position whenever performing tasks is priceless. Never owning a previous cycle that was equipped with a CS, I now realize what I was missing

I'm now in the habit of putting the 6 on the CS whenever it's parked in my garage.

Cool

Great Ideal !!! but pretty much already done for you... Honda F6B - Accessories

This section is for members to post their accessories and sources. I would suggest that anyone that does install a item on there bike post it here and pics as well if anyone wants to follow your steps...

There is quite abit of info here...just go thru the links.
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Although my list of accessories is lengthy, I consider the must have items for the Deluxe model to be quite short. Windshield, throttle lock, grip covers, and highway pegs. All my other items I added was to make my F6B unique to my taste.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Not a sexy mod, but one I think of as essential is a belly pan. After having it installed for 3,500-4,000 miles or so, a quick peek at it shows that it's taken quite a bit of abuse. I'd much rather abuse a cheap belly pan than the stuff it's down there protecting. Many, probably most, mods are for comfort and convenience. The belly pan is insurance.