Rick’s Reviews Episode 10: FOBO TPMS

Thread: Rick’s Reviews Episode 10: FOBO TPMS

Rick’s Reviews Episode 10: FOBO TPMS

Buy FOBO TPMS Here

A good TPMS that works for you can be hard to find.

Rick was out riding one weekend and happened to bump into a longtime customer. While they were talking, the customer asked Rick if he had ever heard of a TPMS called FOBO, which he hadn’t. The guy had a lot of great things to say about the product so, when Rick got back from his ride, he did some research and ordered one so he could evaluate it for himself.

That was months ago and now Rick is excited to share his thoughts and insights on the FOBO Bluetooth TPMS and how it has helped enhance his overall riding experience. But we don’t want to give too much away so tune in to our latest installment of Rick’s Reviews where he will talk about the added convenience and control when using this system.

Ride safe!
    WingStuff

Got one for Isleen.

Great piece of gear.
    Steve

Edit: I've had that system for over 18 months now.
    No more bending over to look at tire pressure - just check the app on the phone.
    I attribute the longevity of my tires to being able to easily check my tire pressure at any given time and take necessary steps.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

I've had the FOBO setup for about a year now and really like the piece of mind it gives. Since I run a Bridgestone Driveguard Runflat, I want to know when I've lost pressure
    and am running on the sidewall only. Also, if I lose pressure on the front....a couple extra seconds notice via the alarm feature can be the difference to a controlled stop
    and a "If you get me through this, God, I promise to never......." type of stop where I have to barter with the maker.
    Do your Best and Miss the Rest!

Great to hear...thanks for the comments

Reading some of the user comments on the retail site I noticed one comment where they said they use the tpms to collect pretrip information only.

I'm not sure I really need to operate any bike with a full time tpms, but it looks like it could be a handy tool when your bike is stored for a period of time , and or used as a pretrip tool like one customer mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by unsub View Post
    Reading some of the user comments on the retail site I noticed one comment where they said they use the tpms to collect pretrip information only.

I'm not sure I really need to operate any bike with a full time tpms, but it looks like it could be a handy tool when your bike is stored for a period of time , and or used as a pretrip tool like one customer mentioned.
    I check it EVERY Pre-Ride.
    Makes T-CLOCKS so much easier.
    And since the phone is 'usually' talking to my Sena on my helmet, I get an audible warning if the tire pressure is going south.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD

Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    I check it EVERY Pre-Ride.
    Makes T-CLOCKS so much easier.
    And since the phone is 'usually' talking to my Sena on my helmet, I get an audible warning if the tire pressure is going south.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    Doesn't everyone?

I can feel a substantial drop in inflation (probably as fast as any tpms warning) just by the way the bike handling characteristics change. The alarm probably confirms what you're already suspecting in this scenario. If it's a catastrophic failure even a tpms won't help, I don't think. By the time the alarm goes off you're already engaged.

I've had my FOBO setup for around two years now. Replace batteries yearly, no other issues. Always check before leaving the garage. Saves me from bending over, laying down reaching in..etc...
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Quote Originally Posted by unsub View Post
    Doesn't everyone?
    No. No they don't.
    Many students show up for the Advanced Rider Course on under inflated tires.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD

Ambrose Bierce