Became a darksider today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Became a darksider today

Became a darksider today

Thanks to jm15ddd21 for helping me get my Drivegaurd RF mounted and installed today. We went for a ride for a few hours. Almost immediately I knew I made a good decision. The bike felt so much more planted and more stable in the twisties. So where is the cookies?

Glad to help. Was a good ride, too! New roads are always fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Bighutch14 View Post
    Thanks to jm15ddd21 for helping me get my Drivegaurd RF mounted and installed today. We went for a ride for a few hours. Almost immediately I knew I made a good decision. The bike felt so much more planted and more stable in the twisties. So where is the cookies?
    Good for you Hutch. Would still be Darkside if I had not picked up something on the way down to the Rally last year, will have to wear out the MT first.
    SOUTHERN small town Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Good for you Hutch. Would still be Darkside if I had not picked up something on the way down to the Rally last year, will have to wear out the MT first.
    Tanks Chop. Im hoping to ride up your way this summer and check out the SHT BAR!

Driveguard RF

I have a Driveguard RF on my F6B with just over 25,000 miles on it, a couple thousand miles still easily left. Most miles were Highway, but some in the mountains including the Dragon 7 or 8 times with no issues. Always held to the road tight wet or dry. Was hard to mentally adjust tire pressure lower at first, but little by little with experimentation I settled about 28--30 psi. Would buy again, but am also curious about other RF tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Felloverboard View Post
    I have a Driveguard RF on my F6B with just over 25,000 miles on it, a couple thousand miles still easily left. Most miles were Highway, but some in the mountains including the Dragon 7 or 8 times with no issues. Always held to the road tight wet or dry. Was hard to mentally adjust tire pressure lower at first, but little by little with experimentation I settled about 28--30 psi. Would buy again, but am also curious about other RF tires.
    I'm running 30psi currently in my Michelline Alpine PA3 RF. However I am going to reduce it to 28 in the warmer months, since it gains pressure from the increased temperatures in the non-winter months.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I started with 31.5 lbs and will adjust from there. Have done about 400-500 miles and it feels great. Will check tread depth regularly.

Bighutch,

Congrats on becoming a Darksider. And I think you made a great choice of tire. There's a growing legion of folks on here going with the Driveguard Runflat.

Felloverboard, 25k so far. That's awesome! My only other experience with Darkside was with a Yoko Avid Envigor. While the tire performed ok, 14k on the mileage just wasn't
    satisfactory enough for me. My Driveguard is just as planted as the Yoko, probably more. To know it will get twice the mileage is a big bonus!
    Thanks for chiming in!
    Do your Best and Miss the Rest!

Quote Originally Posted by Bighutch14 View Post
    Bighutch,

Did you use the layover method to change out the tire? Or did you jack up the bike and remove it through the rear area?
    Do your Best and Miss the Rest!

I laid an old blanket down in the grass and lowered it on it from the edge of the drive. Placed a short 2 x 4 under the center stand when laid down to raise the wheel up a little extra.... no damage. I did get another person to help me lower and raise the bike back up. I have an F6B....