Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
I changed the battery in the rear sending unit and no change, so I swapped rear units from my other Motorcycle and reprogramed them to each bike. Still no change.

The front will update as I roll the bike out of the garage. It should be quick as it is close the readout receiver. BUT the rear still takes 2 to 3 miles before it updates. This only happens on the F6B, my 78 Wing rear readout is also slow to react but not miles like the F6B.
I called Steelmate USA in California but they do not sell this system and have no tech support for it.

I suppose I will live with it for now as I feel it is just a weak system but probably will change systems before to long..
Thanks for the update.

I'll have to pay more attention to mine and see how long it takes to get a new reading. I'll let you know ...

Antennas are funny magical things and not my expertise. But, I would guess that the power wiring of the receiver plays a part in the reception.

Wrapping/spiralling a wire around and along the power wires (not physically electrically connected) and then running it towards the rear of the bike might aid in the reception of the rear transmitter. Just a wag, and a pita, but a thought ...

Edit: My wiring is easily available. I may give this a try and see if it helps in the next couple of days ...