Where too in the NE?? - Page 11
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Where too in the NE??

Delta and Jeff (zzh)....I tried to pm, but it didn't go through. If this ride goes off Sunday, do you guys want to ride in together? Delta, maybe we can meet where 691 and 84 intersect. MapQuest shows exit 26 before Waterbury about 2 hours from me...we'd have to meet up around 7:30. I know Jeff is at Beacon, NY exit 11....meet there around 9 as in the past. Waterbury to Beacon is just about 1-1/2 hours. I'll be leaving here about 5:30. Temps in PA look decent but I'll be starting off around 38...chilly ride out. I think I'll be solo. Maz is away, and I think it'll be too cold for my other friend who rides a Vic CC. Need to check with him.

Let me know here or text at 5083537748

Wayne
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Looking pretty glum up this way. Friday is 90% chance of snow with 1 - 3 inches. Friday night 100% chance of junk. Saturday is 70% a.m. rain/snow. Saturday night clearing late with the temps a balmy 29*. If this report holds true through the weekend I'll have to pass. I don't mind dressing in layers trying to keep warm, but I don't want to look like the Michelin Man either. My initial plan was to ride down Saturday and grab a room in Matamoras. Then meet with you guys on 4/2. I like to allow 6 - 7 hours from NH to there. Since my operation hopefully my bathroom breaks will be fewer. Hopefully the forecast will change.
    2014 F6B Deluxe
    Iron Butt Association #23995
    SSgt USMC 1967-1974
    University of Vietnam 68/69

My forecast looks better than that. Rain Friday and Saturday and so far Sunday is hanging at 53 and some clouds. No snow. It's gonna be cold to start. I'm so hopped on a ride that as of now I'm planning on it. I totally understand your position. If my end gets worse, I'll be out too.

I can not make Sunday's ride, my plans got interrupted by the medical field. Hope to be up and running soon. Enjoy the ride, post some pics of what I'm missing.

Well, it's a straight shot for me! It's on Bob to confirm. My weather is holding at mid 50's, sun, clouds. It's going to rain as late as Saturday afternoon. Just hope for dry roads by morning. Hope a few guys can make it. I don't want to be alone with Bob Penn! I'm in as of now. Thanks Jeff, catch you on the next one.

I'm still in.

Wayne, let me know when your passing thru Danbury ( I think last time was 8:30 maybe? ) . We can meet at the gas station off exit #8 of I84 again. If I remember you will have 170 miles or so and need fuel to make PA anyway.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

This mornings forecast is showing rain on Friday ending early on Saturday morning. Temps. in the mid 50's. There's a good chance, Sunny will be here on Sunday, with temps in the mid 50's by afternoon. Monday looks perfect, sunny with temps in the 60's. That's scary, sunny maybe sticking around until Monday. Is there a break down in the future?

Excuse me I have to go check out my bike. I want to be sure I can out run the rain. I especially don't want to be alone with him. I hear he's into dirty bike riding leading to wet unnatural perverted rides. My bike doesn't run that way she's only into clean dry normal rides! :-)

So maybe we should all check back in on Friday for a final decision.

PS How does the 9th look for either an alternative date or possibly a second ride? Easter is the 16 so the next realistic date would be the 23.

I'd love to switch to Monday, but short notice for work and quite frankly, Sunday looks better here. Monday would be a colder day. Let me know. I'm doing oil and gear oil change beforehand either way...I'll be ready.

Talking Sunday..........

If Sunny there on Sunday i'm in
    2017 ABS Pearl White GoldWing Grand Touring motorcycle

Life is too short to sweat the petty stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by vmaxed View Post
    If Sunny there on Sunday i'm in
    Good to hear Ed,,,keep me posted and we'll meet at Exit 8 again.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.