Stretching her legs

Thread: Stretching her legs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    I find that riding 1000 miles on an F6B is much easier than flying a military helicopter for 6 hours, 150 knots, at 35 ft above ground level, on night vision goggles, with someone shooting at you....
    Oh yeah, and the occasional high power line....

Cheers,
    Steve

Try flying at night chasing bad guys for a living with NVGs and a partner working the FLIR shouting out turn turn come around and hoover!! all the while your right off the deck and scanning for those pesky power lines!! Yes, at the end of the day its just beautiful to kick back and twist the throttle on my F6B racking up road miles with the wind in my face!! Oh, and most if not always the bad guys do shoot back- plenty of bullet holes patched in the honeycomb!

Rotorhead-Dave
    Retired LEO Central FL.

Quote Originally Posted by ride3mc View Post
    Try flying at night chasing bad guys for a living with NVGs and a partner working the FLIR shouting out turn turn come around and hoover!! all the while your right off the deck and scanning for those pesky power lines!! Yes, at the end of the day its just beautiful to kick back and twist the throttle on my F6B racking up road miles with the wind in my face!! Oh, and most if not always the bad guys do shoot back- plenty of bullet holes patched in the honeycomb!

Rotorhead-Dave
    Retired LEO Central FL.
    Always respected you guys up there.
    Tracking bad guys running/biking/driving.
    Actually sounds like fun!

Most police choppers don't have pilot actuated weaponry, do they? Bummer. Need that mod!
    At least firing a crap ton of blanks so they thugs have to at least duck...
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce