Tie downs for passenger seat?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tie downs for passenger seat?

Tie downs for passenger seat?

I would like to carry a duffle bag on the passenger seat and use one of those stretch cargo nets to hold it in place. Has anyone come up with a method to attach the hooks somewhere without damage to the bike?
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus661 View Post
    I would like to carry a duffle bag on the passenger seat and use one of those stretch cargo nets to hold it in place. Has anyone come up with a method to attach the hooks somewhere without damage to the bike?
    I picked up a pair of Rok straps. No hooks, easy to use. I'd recommend 2 of those for your duffel, tie them on to the passenger handles with Rok straps.

Tie Downs

Still can't attach pics, but I used a cargo net.

Attachment 25480
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bungee Assist Seat Brackets for GL1800

I was going to order those way back when, but saw this review on them which changed my mind:

Not for the F6B

These are advertised to fit the F6B. They may work great for standard Goldwings, but NOT the F6B. They raise the passenger grip handle rails (that extend over the rear deck) by nearly one inch (1"). The rails should be flush with the rear deck. The passenger back rest can't be used because of that, and the rails and trunk don't look good.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I was going to order those way back when, but saw this review on them which changed my mind:

Not for the F6B

These are advertised to fit the F6B. They may work great for standard Goldwings, but NOT the F6B. They raise the passenger grip handle rails (that extend over the rear deck) by nearly one inch (1"). The rails should be flush with the rear deck. The passenger back rest can't be used because of that, and the rails and trunk don't look good.
    Will,
    I wanted to use a sponsor first but if they don't fit, I wrongly assumed they did, these definitely do as I have them on my F6B for over 3 years now without a hitch even though it says "not F6B" on the website. For anyone that's interested I did a video on YouTube titled "F6B Upgrades" if you want to see them on the bike. Bear in mind I don't have a passenger backrest so I'm not sure if that will be a factor in this application but maybe seeing how they fit on the grab rail you can advise and consent on that.

http://www.amazon.com/Show-Chrome-Ac.../dp/B00IHQZMR0

Ok... if they install correctly.. I am going to check them out; if you're still coming to the Rally that'll help me (us) alot to see if they'll work out with a backrest.

I'm currently using ROK straps with the passenger grab bars and the rear MP3 cargo rack; but I like the idea of having those tie downs if possible.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Ok... if they install correctly.. I am going to check them out; if you're still coming to the Rally that'll help me (us) alot to see if they'll work out with a backrest.

I'm currently using ROK straps with the passenger grab bars and the rear MP3 cargo rack; but I like the idea of having those tie downs if possible.
    Matter of fact I'll be out today riding so I'll do a little video showcasing just the tie downs. It'll be later on YouTube and I'll provide the link in this thread.

Show Chrome Bungee tie down brackets

A little noise from the wind but largely audible

https://youtu.be/QRbWKG8PeNA

I would certainly recommend the Rok Straps as well. I would get the larger ones. I have stacked luggage on my luggage rack, other cargo on the rear seat and anything that I can think of. I have always had full confidence in this item. I carry (4) of the large ones on the bike and (2) of the small ones. I found that I haven't found much use for the smaller ones.

One of our sponsors carries them http://wingstuff.com/shop/rok_straps
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]