EK Mount

Thread: EK Mount

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

GPS mount

Copy Bigcityd , thanks for the insight ..

I use a factory re-build Tom Tom car version, I got for $70 off ebay. Mount with a cheap (ebay) so called water proof, one size fits all, case. I use a ram ball & lock. I figure if they steal it I'm out less than $100. I turn it up loud & can hear it w/ a full face helmet. It has blue tooth if I want to use a helmet set. Seems to work okay.
    The other side is, my buddy, who's been riding all over the country for decades, says, "getting lost in the boonies is a fun ride. You never know who you'll meet or where you'll end up." I've never seen him look at a map & he doesn't have a cell.

Cool

Do a search of GPS mounts here and see what others have done...many options some $ some $$$$.
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I mounted the Ram ball on the left handlebar arm about 3 inches down from the end of the bar. I use a 3 inch ram extension which holds my Garmin Monterra. The Monterra is a handheld and while not completely waterproof you can drop it in a puddle and retrieve it with no issues. The Monterra has gotten me cross country 3 times with no issues. I have the latest maps installed and always add custom POI's for my trips. It is right in the position where I can rest my hand on the brake reservoir and manipulate the buttons, although it is safer to stop. I have the mount hard wired and this GPS has a battery that will run for about 6 hours before needing charged. It will also run for a few days on 3 AA batteries.

About 6-7 years ago I was in the hills of Kentucky and had a front valve stem failure. I could inflate the tire and ride about 20 miles before stopping to re-inflate. One time I blew a fuse and their went my GPS too. I made it to a convenient store where I purchase AA batteries then to to next town where I was able to get a new stem installed. I like the double battery backup.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

EK mount

Well, the other day called Eloctro Kinetics to order a Goldwing GPS mount. The guy said "are you looking for a left or right mount", told him left. He told me I was in luck because they were out of rights and only had one left in stock. Seems they stopped making them a while back and slowly selling off inventory.