Whats F6 drone?

Thread: Whats F6 drone?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Not to toss something that doesn't belong, but I get a drone with my full face helmet on, but it's NOT the bike, just that helmet. My bike is all stock. I've posted here and might be one of two others that have the same thing going on. Mine is between 50-60. Below, nothing....above, nothing. Sounds like a bumble bee in my head. It's strictly my highway helmet for that reason.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

I think the drone is more of a "hum" or a "woooo" when you're at steady speed. It is amplified (as previously remarked) by a full faced (or even 3/4) helmets. I wear disposable foam earplugs as a result. My tinnitus is pretty bad as is...

My exhaust is stock.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Same similar comments about the "drone". With the Cobra pipes on my bike the drone is more noticeable with my face shield down on my Shoei helmet. Hardly noticeable with my open face 3/4 HJC helmet, which I use around town and on shorter rides..On the highway with the Shoei shield down, if the drone starts to bother me I either flip up the shield or change throttle speeds. Going into my 4th season of riding, the so-called "drone" has not become an issue for me.....Ride safe