Whats F6 drone? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whats F6 drone?

My 2013 had no drone at all.
    My 2016 has a mild drone and a much deeper exhaust note. My son says that Honda got it right with that exhaust as he rides with me on his CBR100RR. He loves the exhaust note on the new F6B.

Frankly I like it too.

As a side note I am wearing the same helmet on the 16 that In was wearing on the 13. The exhaust is not offensive and I have already got used to the mild drone.

Beagle

As I said on some earlier posts about the so-called "drone", after going on 4 years with my F6B and Cobra pipes, I have no issues with the exhaust sounds from these pipes. After all folks, this is a flat 6 Honda motor that will never sound like any V-twin period...The older Valkyrie motors had a great sound with the 6-into-6 Cobra or Two Brothers pipes, but had six carbs and a completely different exhaust system. If you want to spend the time and money to chop up the stock system, and hopefully eliminate the "drone" I understand Torq Loopz help, but I do not wish to "mess with success" so to speak and will spend my money elsewhere.....I personally don't feel this "drone" is any big deal and worth changing things that work fine for me....JMHO and ride safe

2016 drone started today with tall OEM windshield

Just got back from the dealer, who installed a Honda 'tall windshield' on my bone stock 2016 Deluxe. I exchanged loud wind noise for a very loud drone on throttle above 2500 rpm. It doesn't sound like exhaust as much as intake noise focused back at the rider. And it completely disappears if I lift.

How different are the F6B intake and exhaust from the Wing's? Are there any reports of a similar drone from any GL1800 except the 15/16 F6B?

My next step is to make a shorty windshield that only adds around 6" to the original. In theory, enough to push the windstream above my helmet, but not enough to focus the drone.