Alaska 2017 Trip

Thread: Alaska 2017 Trip

Alaska 2017 Trip

This July I plan to ride up to Alaska from my home in Ontario, Canada. I pull an Aspen classic camper and was wondering if anyone would be interested in joining me. Each summer I take a month and go somewhere and this year it's Alaska. I'm planning on heading west across Canada to Banff, Alberta and then northwest through Jasper, Whitehorse, Yukon and on up to the Alaska highway. I plan to go as far north as Fairbanks and Anchorage. I have always ridden solo but thought it might be fun to have another rider along. Please let me know what you think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Exploring the world, one road at a time.

Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by ISLANDER1089 View Post
    This July I plan to ride up to Alaska from my home in Ontario, Canada. I pull an Aspen classic camper and was wondering if anyone would be interested in joining me. Each summer I take a month and go somewhere and this year it's Alaska. I'm planning on heading west across Canada to Banff, Alberta and then northwest through Jasper, Whitehorse, Yukon and on up to the Alaska highway. I plan to go as far north as Fairbanks and Anchorage. I have always ridden solo but thought it might be fun to have another rider along. Please let me know what you think.
    Sounds like a great ride. Once I retire, a month on the scooter will be in the cards. Until then, the most I can swing is two weeks with my riding mates. Post some photos during your ride. There is a book called the Ghost Road by Neil Peart (RUSH Drummer) who did the route that you're suggesting. Might be a good pre trip read. Enjoy your trip.

Enjoy, I did it solo in 2011, Ocala Fl. to Alaska and back. I will do it again some day. Trip of a life time. If you are near Banff ride some on the Ice Field Parkway it is beautiful. (I would post some pics of it....but can't). I envy you and would love to be going this summer but I am thinking two summers from now for me again.

Alaska

I've been wanting to go to Alaska for many years. Well I'm finally going. leaving on May 2nd. The sad part is that the Wing will be staying at home. My wife and I will be taking our new to us 2012 Class C motor home. We will leave Arkansas Early next Tuesday, working our way to Great Falls Mt. Then into Canada following the same route...........We plan on being in Fairbanks around May 12..Hope you have a great trip.

Arkf6brider

Have you got dates set, or tentative?

The wife and I are heading to Alaska in July ,not on the f6b but the pickup and trailer, we may take the B with in the trailer not sure yet though. we will be crossing in to Canada from Washington on the 8th of July should make Al. in about 7 days or so. Maybe we see you on the road some where, I will keep a lookout for f6bs.

Quote Originally Posted by copper View Post
    Have you got dates set, or tentative?
    At this point I have only narrowed it down to the month of July. I am looking for friends or family to agree to house sit my place while I'm gone. Once that's under control I will nail down a departure date.

Quote Originally Posted by valkmc View Post
    Enjoy, I did it solo in 2011, Ocala Fl. to Alaska and back. I will do it again some day. Trip of a life time. If you are near Banff ride some on the Ice Field Parkway it is beautiful. (I would post some pics of it....but can't). I envy you and would love to be going this summer but I am thinking two summers from now for me again.
    Back in 2012 I was on my Kawasaki Versys 650 doing the North American tour out west to Vancouver, south to LA along the coast, around the Gulf to Florida and then up the east coast and home. It took me two months and nearly caught me up in Hurricane Sandy on the way home. One of the many highlights was the Ice Field Parkway between Banff and Jasper. Before riding that road I had always held up Highway 1 along the California coast as the most beautiful route in the nation. The Ice Fields Parkway is now number one in my book.

Alaska 2017 trip

I have a Good machine and the time to take on such an adventure. I would be coming up from the lower 48 to meet up with you. I'm lead to think we would put in at camp grounds nightly? That's fine by me. Much to think over. Give me a call 1 845 608 0932. My name is Dan.