I desperately need cruise control advice?

Thread: I desperately need cruise control advice?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

KAOKO Throttle Lock

Asking this question is like asking about which oil to use but here goes:

I've been using the KAOKO for 3 years now, including 2 X country trips, without a hitch. It assembles at the end of the throttle and uses friction to work. Installation is fairly easy, I have a video on Youtube showing the extraction of the center hub you'll need to do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbP95M6MSNY

There are simpler choices and more expensive ones, I've had a couple different ones prior to this but this one worked perfect for me.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...FYONswodn2YKgA

Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    Asking this question is like asking about which oil to use but here goes:

I've been using the KAOKO for 3 years now, including 2 X country trips, without a hitch. It assembles at the end of the throttle and uses friction to work. Installation is fairly easy, I have a video ........
    +1 on the Kaoko, simple clean design that has worked for me without issue.

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    +1 on the Kaoko, simple clean design that has worked for me without issue.
    Does the Kaoko work with the fat Kury ISO grips?

Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    Does the Kaoko work with the fat Kury ISO grips?
    My F6B doesn't have the fat Kury ISO grips, so I can't answer that question, but it does work with the OEM heated grips and the Shinhopple's grip puppies.

I've installed the Rostra cruise control for about half the price of the Austrailian one. A little more detailed to install but it works flawlessly. I also bought the right hand control from a wrecked gold wing and my cruise looks factory. Message me for more info or search "Rostra Cruise control"

BrakeAway

Hi,
    Installed the BrakeAway and love it. It is the Cadillac of all the throttle locks. It allows you to adjust at will like all the others but adds the critical ability to quick release when you apply the brake. I've seen a friend in a emergency braking situation lose a 1/2 second to loosen his bar-end throttle lock and almost lost my friend as a result.

Note that I use the BrakeAway on an F6B Deluxe even though it is not recommended. I ground down part of the brake release bracket where the heated grip cable could possibly snag. In 5K miles I have not had any issues.
    Pete
    --------------------------------------------
    2013 F6B Deluxe Black
    2004 BMW R1150RT
    2005 Yamaha Zuma

Friction Release

Just for some "clarification" on the operation of the "Go Cruise"! The device is a "friction activated throttle lock" requiring initial adjustment with a "thumb wheel". The GC rides on a special rubber band placed on the OEM throttle grip. When in use the CG "releases" by simply "rolling off" the throttle. No button/lever too release and the brake lever need not be engaged, although that action will also release the "lock"! Another tip for GC users is to throughly clean the "rubber band" with "Rubbing Alcohol"! Same goes for the "claws"! Many folks experience/encounter slippage of the GC during use! Properly cleaning all "contacting points" is key to successful use/operation