I desperately need cruise control advice? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I desperately need cruise control advice?

Cruise control

I second or third the motion Kaoko is the way to go.

Cruise control

Try adding one of these to aid in the cramping:

http://wingstuff.com/products/20524-...-assist-narrow

Also paddle grips are available.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    Does the Kaoko work with the fat Kury ISO grips?
    My F6B doesn't have the fat Kury ISO grips, so I can't answer that question, but it does work with the OEM heated grips and the Shinhopple's grip puppies.

I've installed the Rostra cruise control for about half the price of the Austrailian one. A little more detailed to install but it works flawlessly. I also bought the right hand control from a wrecked gold wing and my cruise looks factory. Message me for more info or search "Rostra Cruise control"

BrakeAway

Hi,
    Installed the BrakeAway and love it. It is the Cadillac of all the throttle locks. It allows you to adjust at will like all the others but adds the critical ability to quick release when you apply the brake. I've seen a friend in a emergency braking situation lose a 1/2 second to loosen his bar-end throttle lock and almost lost my friend as a result.

Note that I use the BrakeAway on an F6B Deluxe even though it is not recommended. I ground down part of the brake release bracket where the heated grip cable could possibly snag. In 5K miles I have not had any issues.
    Pete
    --------------------------------------------
    2013 F6B Deluxe Black
    2004 BMW R1150RT
    2005 Yamaha Zuma

Friction Release

Just for some "clarification" on the operation of the "Go Cruise"! The device is a "friction activated throttle lock" requiring initial adjustment with a "thumb wheel". The GC rides on a special rubber band placed on the OEM throttle grip. When in use the CG "releases" by simply "rolling off" the throttle. No button/lever too release and the brake lever need not be engaged, although that action will also release the "lock"! Another tip for GC users is to throughly clean the "rubber band" with "Rubbing Alcohol"! Same goes for the "claws"! Many folks experience/encounter slippage of the GC during use! Properly cleaning all "contacting points" is key to successful use/operation

rudymsmith

throttle rocker

I have cruise on my 2015 and a throttle rocker - I find I use the inexpensive throttle rocker more than my cruise

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121357066302...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

give it a try - when set right your wrist/hand will love you for it.

Breakaway could save lives

+1 not worth risking your life for a bucks....jmo

Cruise Control Recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by RonRider View Post
    Greetings out there to my F6B family!

My arthritis is getting to the point where I need some wrist relief. I love my Black 2013 Deluxe. The bike is just how I want it, but the missing cruise control becomes more of an issue every year that goes by. I need some advice. Has anyone had experience with adding cruise? Are any of the throttle controls worth it. I know they can't compare to cruise. I feel like it would be foolish trading up to a newer F6B just for the cc, especially after all the other add-ons I've spent money on. Any ideas would be most appreciated. Thank you all for your help.
    I installed BreakAway on my Honda VTX 1300 and it worked excellent from 2008 until I sold the bike in 2014. Not certain if they sell a model for F6B but worth the time to research cost. It made of aluminum nd variable friction bands for adjustments.

True Cruise

I haven't posted for quite some time. But I have managed to install a true cruise control system on my 2013 F6B. It's called "Rostra". It's about $180 for the 250-1223 kit. I bought mine from Amazon. Check them out. The unit is small enough to fit into the right side fairing compartment. I routed the cable around the front of the forks, but under the fairing where it can't be seen. Then it's a strait shot back into the left side of the throttle body. I bought a used cable from eBay and used the cable end on the Rostra cable. I purchased a new stock GL1800 clam shell and switch assembly for the right side handle bar instead of having some awful looking add-on switches. I relabeled the reverse on/off button on the GL1800 clam shell and put a red triangle on it to be used it for the 4-ways, as the stock F6B 4-way switch is in the same location. I also purchased a used GL1800 throttle body assembly from eBay because of the added cruise cable location on the throttle shaft and the mount for the cable end. Not very expensive. I replaced the throttle shaft in my F6B throttle body with the one from the GL1800. It was necessary to install a resistor in-line for the VSS signal wire (vehicle speed sensor wire) due to the revs per mile. Aside from the above, it was a pretty simple installation. There's room in the relay center under the seat to install an additional power relay. I wired the cruise power to the normally closed contacts of the relay. Then I connected the brake light signal to the coil, so when either the front or rear brakes are applied it also activates the coil in the relay thus interrupting the cruise power and kills it. I also purchased a couple of very small LED's, a green one for the "cruise on" and an amber one for the "cruise set" and mounted them to the panel just below the key switch. The system works pretty damn good, I must admit. I took some pictures along the way. I'll have to post them here when I get a chance. When looking at the controls it looks stock, which is what I also wanted. Having the cruise control makes riding this bike so much nicer. I also put on a "Clokwerks" windshield and some Kuryakyn highway pegs.