It IS true - Barry White IS in my exhaust - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: It IS true - Barry White IS in my exhaust

I believe it is in the 1 3/4" range. Taxfree will probably chime in when he gets back from a long ride today enjoying his TBR-Torq Looped exhaust. Here's a vid to watch on them..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unAc-iOYM9A

Quote Originally Posted by luckyluciano View Post
    I should be getting the torque loops soon.
    Reviewed your video Tax. Looks straight forward.
    How do I know how far back to cut the cats off the headers. Is that in the instructions?
    Thought I'd ask to get some responses before they get here.
    It is in the instructions, I have the color instructions if you want them just PM me your email and I'll send them off
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

The instructions say "1 3/4 to 1 5/8". the give you a little bit of wiggle room.
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

how do i slide the tbr swivel tube over the torque loops flange? the slip tube went on easy over the original header but now with the loops installed the swivel tubes seem too tight and unadjustable.

Also, i have loosely installed the tbr pipe but the heat shield doesn't align with the torque loop slotted hole.

Enlarging the TBR adjustable slip tubes

On my way to a muffler shop. The slip tubes are simply too tight there for non-adjustable. Hoping to have them enlarged slightly to make the adjustments easier. I tried filing the insides, helped a little but not enough. Anyone else have to do the same?

Quote Originally Posted by luckyluciano View Post
    On my way to a muffler shop. The slip tubes are simply too tight there for non-adjustable. Hoping to have them enlarged slightly to make the adjustments easier. I tried filing the insides, helped a little but not enough. Anyone else have to do the same?
    There should not be a problem, you did apply the grease pac that came with it, one side for me was a little stubborn but if you have those rubber banded pipe wrenches they'll work. Also before you tighten up go to the back and make sure the pipes are equidistant from the sides of the back panel.

Thanks for responding. No I'm not using the colors. Cal thanks for responding. No I'm not using the okd collars. The problem I'm having is sliding the swivel tubes over the torque loop flange. Requires a lot of force to get on and then doesn't twist to adjust. Muffler shop suggests slightly grinding the inside of the swivel tube. Lube didn't make a difference. Grinding with the file helped but not enough.

Also, the grease pack is all used up.
    Been using teflon lube.

TBR chrome muffler & torque loops complete! Wow!

I first isnstslled just the TBR mufflers. Challenging time aligning everything but figured it out. The F6B sounded much better.
    The Sound was nice but terrible drone between 2-3,000 rpm. Definitely not enjoyable. Could not live with this.

Following weekend dropped the pipes and installed the torque loops. I had to grind the inside of one side of the muffler swivel tube with a dremmmel tool & I had to buy more antiseize to lube the tubes.

After several more hours, everything came together and aligned perfectly although at times I did have my doubts.

I took it for a test drive last night & I'll tell you if you want the bike a little louder, just do it & go for the loops right from the start.
    The loops make the bike FLY!!!!!!!!
    Throttle response is extremely more responsive & crisp with the loops. Much more torque. The bike moves much much faster through the gears. The TBR mufflers make the best sound in my opinion.

I went with the chrome although originally I felt I really wanted to keep the blacked out look but since my bike is black & red and I couldn't find any pics where the bike looked good with black pipes so I went with chrome. Obviously it is a personal choice. The chrome and the red breaks it up nicely and makes the bike pop! Everyone agrees.

The loops make the sound crisper, much more aggressive, throatier, crisper & gives a nice high performance sound that the mufflers alone did not give. The sound with these pipes together with the loops is obviously louder than stock but not offensive.

Also,
    I can assure you that loud pipes can save lives.

Story;
    Several years back when I had my VTX with Vance & Hines pipes I was riding to the cottage together with my wife & kids in the car while I ride the bike alongside.

We were on multi lane 400 highway northbound. I was coming up from behind on our families car in the lane beside them and unknown to me my wife was about to make a lane change but she stopped herself last second from changing lanes because she heard the pipes.

I noticed NOTHING! Upon arrival at the cottage my wife said thank god you installed those pipes or I would have hit you. My wife is a great driver with zero tickets and accidents. Food for thought..

Congratulations, welcome to the family the TBR and Torq Loopz are like a match made in heaven.

The Loops sound good with Rush mufflers and 2.5" baffles too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lX5vyNt8ak
    Not my bike but have the Rush mufflers with 2.5 baffles. Will be adding Torque Loops sometime this year.