Kabuto Ibuki vs Scorpion GT920
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kabuto Ibuki vs Scorpion GT920

Kabuto Ibuki vs Scorpion GT920

I think I have narrowed it down to these two as I think I'm ready to go modular. We bought my wife a modular HJC last week. I can get the Ibuki in gloss black for $150 and a pretty cool graphic or solid on the Scorpion for $210. I was able to try on the Scorpion while visiting my old stomping grounds in Roanoke VA about a month back, really felt and fit well. I tried the Ibuki on at a local dealer and thought it fit me really well too. As I turned back from some other helmets, it was sold! The guy said he paid $365 for it though.......
    I may also buy another drop down visor style just for short rides or in case I get another sportbike at some point. I found a returned Shoei GT Air really cheap and the Scorpion EXO-T1200 for $150 in silver (the only one I haven't tried on). According to Lidpicker, all of these helmets other than the Ibuki which wasn't tested, have a right in the middle of round vs oval shape. Thanks for any personal experiences.
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

It was a lot more $$; however, I went with the Schuberth C3 Pro - I think I caught it on sale for $450.00. This is my first modular and I'm very very happy happy. It has the best aerodynamics by far of any helmet on my shelf.

Kabuto Ibuki

I got a great deal on a modular Kabuto Ibuki. I am no expert in helmets. But, the Kabuto is real quiet with the vents closed. It makes some noise with the vents open. This is the first helmet that I have owned that I could feel the cooling air from the vents.

So I get to choose between super quiet, or nicely cool.
    Albuquerque, NM

Yea, when I open my chin vent on my EX0500, it was crazy loud on the B. With a windshield, not so much. Thanks guys. I have read about the C3 Pro, but it's really above what I feel like spending. The GT Air was sold, so it's out. They had crappy pics posted and wouldn't send me better ones, so that's fine by me. Probably why it was only $190.
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

I have owned a butt-load of helmets. What I have learned...

Scorpion is a nice lid, but they are heavy. That has become a big deal to me. The best bang for the buck--and the best kept secret in the helmet world---to me is the Kabuto. Every bit as nice as my Shoei or Nolan at less than half of the price or more. Stealth and Vega also make a quality helmet at a reasonable price.

There are a lot of nice helmets and I have/still own a lot of them, but I gotta have light weight or my neck hurts after a while.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Per Webbikeworld; Kabuto Ibuki size L- 3 lbs 14.5 oz, Scorpion GT920 XL- 3 lbs 13 7/8 oz. Pretty negligible difference I'd say. I wish I had them both to try on at the same place, but now no one near me carries either.
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

Quote Originally Posted by TripleDuck View Post
    It was a lot more $$; however, I went with the Schuberth C3 Pro - I think I caught it on sale for $450.00. This is my first modular and I'm very very happy happy. It has the best aerodynamics by far of any helmet on my shelf.
    I also have a C3Pro. It was the quietest helmet I could find - I tried 20-odd helmets with IC mics (intra-canal - inside my ears) to measure SPL levels, and found the C3Pro to be the quietest by 2-3 dB. Expensive, but it's comfortable and quiet. Flows air pretty good. And the Sena integrated system is great!

Quote Originally Posted by Redlinez View Post
    Per Webbikeworld; Kabuto Ibuki size L- 3 lbs 14.5 oz, Scorpion GT920 XL- 3 lbs 13 7/8 oz. Pretty negligible difference I'd say. I wish I had them both to try on at the same place, but now no one near me carries either.

Sorry--- I just noticed you are asking about modular only. I could not understand why these helmets weigh almost 4 lbs. I digress
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My EXO500 is 3lb 10oz in a large
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

We're flying out tomorrow morning to Midland MI and will be driving back to the Raleigh NC area (our home) between Saturday and Sunday. I'm hoping to have time to stop at Iron Pony Motorsports in Ohio on the way back Saturday afternoon. It appears to be on our drive and I've never seen such a huge store! You should google search them and check out the pictures. I'd be even more broke if I lived near that store......
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN