F6B Wanna-B

Thread: F6B Wanna-B

Cool F6B Wanna-B

Well, at Thunder Beach the F6B i saw just grabbed me and I spent all Saturday evening reading and researching and yes shopping. Well, why wait til that's over? My 1994 GL1500 Interstate with 110k felt the same way, so a buddy and I took the trunk off today, and voila--my F6B Wanna-B! The absence of the trunk really opened up the air cocoon that works against me sometimes in the FL Panhandle heat and sun. And if I was unsure that I would miss it--not any more.

The first step was, I confess--seeing how much stuff I really really needed to carry with me. You know, stuff expands to fill the space available right? (This affects everyone; don't play dumb!) Well the Gold Wing's three big compartments were full when I started, and after applying the "Have I used it in a year?" razor, only half of one saddlebag was occupied.

From there it was a short hop and a jump to removing that unneeded trunk and see if I really liked the opening of the air cocoon that the F6B promised me.

Conclusion: love it! F6B, here I come!

Welcome aboard!

Welcome Paul.
    My first bike was an '81 GL1100.
    I also had a '98 Valk 1500 - loved that bike.

The F6B is an AMAZING machine even by those benchmarks.

You are in NW Florida - let me show you Isleen sometime and we'll really get yo hooked.
    2WheelsForMe saw Isleen and then bought one within a week.

Anyway, welcome, and look for the next NWFL/Lower Alabama/Souther Mississippi/Eastern Louisiana Ride to Eat (NWFL-LA-SM-ELA RTE) where you can see many F6Bs with different customization levels.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Oh, that's just GREAT!
    The word is getting out about these fantastic machines. Before you know it they're gonna be everywhere and it'll be tough to pick mine out in the crowd. Whatever. Fine! Join the club. I guess there's enough fun to go around.

It's a great bike... some would call it the best ever. And this forum is populated with good folks and lots of knowledge. Maybe you can join us for the rally in Pigeon Forge, TN this summer.

Ride safe, amigo!
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

Quote Originally Posted by parenfroe View Post
    Well, at Thunder Beach the F6B i saw just grabbed me and I spent all Saturday evening reading and researching and yes shopping. Well, why wait til that's over? My 1994 GL1500 Interstate with 110k felt the same way, so a buddy and I took the trunk off today, and voila--my F6B Wanna-B! The absence of the trunk really opened up the air cocoon that works against me sometimes in the FL Panhandle heat and sun. And if I was unsure that I would miss it--not any more.

The first step was, I confess--seeing how much stuff I really really needed to carry with me. You know, stuff expands to fill the space available right? (This affects everyone; don't play dumb!) Well the Gold Wing's three big compartments were full when I started, and after applying the "Have I used it in a year?" razor, only half of one saddlebag was occupied.

From there it was a short hop and a jump to removing that unneeded trunk and see if I really liked the opening of the air cocoon that the F6B promised me.

Conclusion: love it! F6B, here I come!
    I did the same to a BMW K1200LT. What a difference it made. The heavy trunk was gone and I replaced it with an Aluminum Rack the aftermarket sells.

rudymsmith

wont be long now

once smitten twice bitten - I see an F6B in your not too distant future - welcome

Quote Originally Posted by rudymsmith View Post
    once smitten twice bitten - I see an F6B in your not too distant future - welcome
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddoggie501 View Post
    I did the same to a BMW K1200LT. What a difference it made. The heavy trunk was gone and I replaced it with an Aluminum Rack the aftermarket sells.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixol Phaane View Post
    Oh, that's just GREAT!
    The word is getting out about these fantastic machines. Before you know it they're gonna be everywhere and it'll be tough to pick mine out in the crowd. Whatever. Fine! Join the club. I guess there's enough fun to go around.

It's a great bike... some would call it the best ever. And this forum is populated with good folks and lots of knowledge. Maybe you can join us for the rally in Pigeon Forge, TN this summer.

Ride safe, amigo!
    Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post

Welcome Paul.
    My first bike was an '81 GL1100.
    I also had a '98 Valk 1500 - loved that bike.

The F6B is an AMAZING machine even by those benchmarks.

You are in NW Florida - let me show you Isleen sometime and we'll really get yo hooked.
    2WheelsForMe saw Isleen and then bought one within a week.

Anyway, welcome, and look for the next NWFL/Lower Alabama/Souther Mississippi/Eastern Louisiana Ride to Eat (NWFL-LA-SM-ELA RTE) where you can see many F6Bs with different customization levels.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    Thanks to all of you! Actually met up with 53driver Steve today and actually touched and sat on one the first time. So beautiful! I can hardly wait to get my won. Thanks to 53 Driver--great visit--see you soon!

Quote Originally Posted by parenfroe View Post
    Thanks to all of you! Actually met up with 53driver Steve today and actually touched and sat on one the first time. So beautiful! I can hardly wait to get my won. Thanks to 53 Driver--great visit--see you soon!
    Good to meet you today.
    Isleen is always happy to show off for new people!
    Wait until you actually ride one......

Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce