Going to Laconia Bike Week from Florida??? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Going to Laconia Bike Week from Florida???

Today's forecast proves me wrong again! You may want to pack your shorts! This coming Sunday's forecast is for temps in the high 80's. They are even saying the rain may stop, but I'd bring my rain gear anyway. Just in case.

PS. However, this morning's temp up here on top of the mountain outside the outhouse was 46 degrees. The bladder water didn't freeze but I sure needed the long house coat for that first run!

It was a crazy week. My computer went down on Monday and I didn't want to take the time to fix it. So I ran it down to Best Buy for repairs. I left it there and went home and started to get ready to go to Laconia but the weather was so hot I put leaving off until Wed. morning.
    Wed. morning dawned with perfect riding weather, 65 degrees to start the day and no rain forecasted for at least 2 days. It took a little less than 5 hours to get to Laconia. I wouldn't admit to it but there was some speeding involved at times, but your honor, I was only keeping up with the traffic. I covered 358 miles in a little less than 5 hours. I guess that's not bad for city driving.
    Once there I saw the usual suspects mostly Harleys ridden by old men but in fact if it wasn't for the Harley logos and nice paint I would have sworn I was riding down a corridor of mirrors. There was plenty of bikes to see but I only saw 4 F6's in the 2 days.
    The riding was fun but the traffic was not. Truth be told I'd rather ride the deserted back roads right here in the hills of PA.

I made my last trip there last Saturday. There isn't one thing about it that makes it worth the ride, along with catching crap about owning a Honda. All set...NH backroads only from now on.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    ...NH backroads only from now on.
    No more Maggie Valley????
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    No more Maggie Valley????
    If I have the chance, I'd do Maggie Valley again in a heartbeat. I'm a little down on Laconia, that's all.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Up and Back

Here's an update on the trip...

Florida to NH via Pittsburgh PA and Return

I just returned Sunday night from Laconia, NH bike week. Stayed in Lincoln, NH few miles north of Laconia. I rode from Port St Lucie FL to Pittsburgh, staying in Fayetteville, WV first night after about 850 miles. My first long ride. Also was alone as I was meeting two friends in Pittsburgh. Two day Group ride to NH (three of us). Rode around four days then headed back to Pittsburgh, again two days riding. Stayed an extra day then headed out to FL early Sunday morning. Rode straight through to Port St Lucie, FL getting home about 10:30 pm. Long 16 1/2 hour day! About 1070 miles... One tired puppy. Didn't ride through to prove anything, just one mile after another. Surprised me that it was so easy on the F6B. Also my first long trip on the B.

WEG
    ATGATT
    PS The F6B was a 70th birthday present to myself in March.

Quote Originally Posted by WEGI View Post
    Here's an update on the trip...

Florida to NH via Pittsburgh PA and Return

I just returned Sunday night from Laconia, NH bike week. Stayed in Lincoln, NH few miles north of Laconia. I rode from Port St Lucie FL to Pittsburgh, staying in Fayetteville, WV first night after about 850 miles. My first long ride. Also was alone as I was meeting two friends in Pittsburgh. Two day Group ride to NH (three of us). Rode around four days then headed back to Pittsburgh, again two days riding. Stayed an extra day then headed out to FL early Sunday morning. Rode straight through to Port St Lucie, FL getting home about 10:30 pm. Long 16 1/2 hour day! About 1070 miles... One tired puppy. Didn't ride through to prove anything, just one mile after another. Surprised me that it was so easy on the F6B. Also my first long trip on the B.

WEG
    ATGATT
    PS The F6B was a 70th birthday present to myself in March.
    Well done sir! Yes, the B is an amazing machine.
    Cheers!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce